Comics, Statues & Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji77

Feb 18, 2006
www.benji77.multiply.com - http
Dear CSers, I was wondering if we could gather a list of us who actively collect
comics (DC, Marvel, Dark Horse etc), statues like BOWENS Designs & other related
toys.

I recently started my craze over cold cast statues, and was wondering if we could
share some tips and ideas on this crazy hobby.

I collected lots of comics more then 10 yrs ago but now I only buy Mcfarlane toys once awhile.

I collected lots of comics more then 10 yrs ago but now I only buy Mcfarlane toys once awhile.

Cool!
My comic collection started in 1996 too.
The McFarlane line is extremely detailed for its price, and Spawn was once a craze.
I did not dabble in his line, but kept to the Batman series, Star Wars, Hotwheels.
Now I have a crazy thing for Statues.

Do you know of any local sites/forums that border around our local toy scene?

I have a lot of comincs from the early 1990's, like spawn #1, etc etc etc... Boxes and boxes of it...

My humble collection.
2864049197_387e305e35_o.jpg

Join us at www.sgcollect.com
Recently just bought a Master Replica Spiderman Comic Book Replica #1 resin.

I used to collect McFarlance movie maniac series 10 years ago. But nowadays, articulation is a big thing for toys. Now I'm very into collecting Hot Toys and Enterbay.

Surprisingly, these two 1/6 action figure companies are from Hong Kong. Their sculpt is simply amazing and life-like. (errmm..so does the cost too... :bsmilie:)

Wah, Lubber Duckie, you call that Spawn collection 'Humble' ah?
Have you ever wondered why we keep them in their boxes? I mean, how do we really enjoy them if they stay in their boxes right? I have been contemplating to open them up soon!

Perhaps not for the purpose of resale, but it just doesn't collect as much dust and it's also the package that attract buyers.
I'm hoping to give them to my kids and so on and so forth.
Prolly 2-3 generations down the road, they won't treasure it as much and either throw or sell.

How many of you would sell your favourite toys or comics?
Coz I feel that since we love them so much, took the pains to search and keep them in pristine condition, we would be hard let to sell them.

But I'd guess, if the PRICE WAS RIGHT, we would be highly tempted right?

But I'd either be old and wilted, or in my grave. ;)
So I'd figured, might as well open them now to enjoy them in their full glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.