Colors by the bay- NDP Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydelle

Jul 30, 2007
Hi All,

Newbie here! Just started photography a few weeks ago and wish to seek your guidance and opinions on this particular photo i took of the NDP Fireworks.

fireworks2.jpg

Idea of the photo is to capture the fireworks against the city skyline to show the celebrative mood of the occasion.

I believe that i could have allowed the exposure earlier to capture the lights of the city.

Would definitely appreciate some comments and opinions on this shot!

Thanks! :)

try gettin ur horizon straight for a start. ;)

1. slanted horizon
2. too much empty space
3. wrong timing. you just missed the giant burst on the top

i know that you want to capture the esplanade area on the left. you should have exposed your picture longer to get the lights at that area (like you have said). or you could have just shot it in potrait.
the picture is a little bit blur, might be cause of the smoke.

overall, the picture doesnt give me the feel of the celebrative mood of the occasion.

i applaud your effort of finding a different place to shoot the fireworks.. more can be inproved in this area. try shooting again during NDP or the SFF.

cheers! :)

Thanks for your comments! Will definitely improve on it.

uh , maybe you can try to photoshop a little to remove the excess fireworks (the small little lines on the top) . And ya , your photo does look "Y" :confused: Must be your tripod , never put properly .

But in all honesty , i think if you just started photography and got this kind of photo is not bad liao , just need to practice on timing . Once you get the timing , everything is easy ;p

Cheers for your effort :thumbsup:

Good capture for a newbie start.
correct yr horizons and improve on yr exposure next time.
Do a well expose of background and merge with yr fireworks next time. :D

The 1st thing i noticed was the tilted horizon.you can correct that in photoshop.Theres too much empty space as well,Maybe can try a closer crop

Status
Not open for further replies.