Status
Not open for further replies.

DXNMedia

Staff member
Dec 7, 2006
Singapore
www.dxnmedia.net
Hi,

For those who bought the HuaLin LED video light during the last mass order, here are some additional specs.

Measurements conducted at 1m distance, full power settings:
- 6200K Without orange filter barndoor
- 5000K with Orange filter barndoor

This is opposed to Sony HVL-LBP's color temperature of 3700K.

Tests are conducted with a professional grade color temperature meter. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Dixon, this is good to know!

assuming that you use this for 7D or 5DMkII acquisition, you can accurately dial in the color temp and get beautiful & accurate skin tone rendition as opposed to using auto white balance. :D
:thumbsup:
________
Toyota Classic Specifications

Last edited:
get the daylight to tungsten filter to wif it it shld give you around 3400k to 3700k . i have spares if you want :)

Hi Faiz,

due to the odd color temp from original source, it is difficult to correct to the exact color temp that you want. Based on the readings on my color meter and adjustment available from LEE filters, u cannot just use the standard CTO or CTB filters. End result will be off the intended color temp too.

If anyone is interested, I can provide exact filter correction number to correct the Hualin to your intended color temp.
________
Penny Stocks

Last edited:
if 204(cto) wif 103(ct straw) does it get the right temp? or maybe 236?
________
Sc2 replay

Last edited:
You're using mired reading with LEE filters i suppose?
I am more familiar with Kodak-Wratten using 85 & 81D to get the Hualin to 3200K.
But I can always switch my meter to give the Mired reading for use with Lee Filter's number.
________
Ford Xy Falcon Gt Picture

Last edited:
pls do wana know what lee filter have to use so can recommend to my superiors... wana use camera to do atw tracking too much hassle
________
Luc Donckerwolke

Last edited:
pls do wana know what lee filter have to use so can recommend to my superiors... wana use camera to do atw tracking too much hassle

You mean your company doesn't even have a proper color meter? :think:
Tell your superior I can be hired as an external consultant to measure and recommend for color calibration of all your video lights. :p

They always tend to like to listen to consultants more coz they pay for their services and consultants are always 'right'. :bsmilie:
________
Tourneo Connect

Last edited:
They always tend to like to listen to consultants more coz they pay for their services and consultants are always 'right'. :bsmilie:

They have to do what the consultant recommends, otherwise they would have made a mistake by hiring him in the first place. :)
________
BMW XDRIVE HISTORY

Last edited:
Actually the real reasons why consultants are hired is becoz they have someone to push the blame to in the event when their arse are on the line. ;)
________
Honda gl500

Last edited:
use to be your company so you knw hw things wrk ard here betta tan i do... lol
________
MEXICO CITY HOTEL

Last edited:
Ok Faiz, done a rough calculation for you if you're using the Hualin.
To achieve 3200K, Nearest you can get with Lee filters based on my meter reading is to use 204 Full C.T. Orange. Next option would be 236 HMI to tungsten. You're right with your own calculations in the earlier posting, but either would not bring you close to 3200K. Your 103 straw didn't come up in the charts.
I won't be able to perform a more accurate test unless I have a whole set of Lee Filter gels to test the readings.

However, if you're using the included orange barndoor, then correction would be to use 205 Half C.T. Orange. This would bring you closer to 3200K as my Mired shift number is closer to the Lee Filter's rated Mired shift number.

If you need to match to daylight at 5500K, then you should use 444 Eighth CT Straw. :thumbsup:
I would actually prefer to match the lights closer to 5500K as this will reduce the light loss as opposed to balancing it down to 3200K

Ok...whoever needs me to perform light balancing for their lights, I'll have to charge for consultation liao... ;p
________
Tribe toyota malaysia

Last edited:
thanks bro , hahaha... nu wrries i still can afford starbucks coffee 4u.... but any further i'm dead.... lol
________
KAWASAKI KDX400A

Last edited:
Just for those who bothered to keep a lookout on this thread and know what we're discussing about, supplier just contacted me and said that they might be coming down into town and ask if I've got intention to take in some orders.

From my experience of the last official MO to help fellow videographers, it's proved to be too much of a hassle, so I am just gonna keep this possible offer on a low profile.

This may or may not happen, but in case it does, drop me a PM if interested and I'll keep you updated accordingly. :thumbsup:
________
BONG REVIEWS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.