Collectors of old photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltzar

Jul 18, 2002
West
Visit site
Are there any guys in clubsnap who as an extension of their passion also collect old photos?

I collect photos from specific studios taken pre-1935. as soon as I can find them, I will also buy some GR Lambert, Thompson and Schachtler ... photographers who worked in Singapore between 1845 and about 1905.

Many of the old prints are using the old collodial processes, or had the original photos taken on glass plates. Seen only one darraguotype of a house in katong, so far.

I have been investigating the idea of buying an old wood camera and shooting some modern B&W photos in 5x7 or 8x10 of locations that are depicted in the old works.

anyone?

(or for that matter, does anyone have interesting studio shots to sell that might interest me, taken pre-WWII ?)

i have a small collection of 1940's to 60's(i think) mint postcards of singapore. eg raffles hotel, capitol cinema, etc.

i have a small collection of picture books that have pictures of singapore...mostly between 1900 to 1990s. those before 1900 i cant appreciate...my favorites are those in the 70s to 90s

at least i am from that era. like pictures of van kleef aquarium, zoo, hbd estates, playgound etc....

anyone have pictures of sungei road before they tore down the houses?

lakeview/venus shopping center? if you know where they were in the first place

please post!!!

I collect old photos and picture postcards. I sell original picture postcards of Singapore mostly taken in 1899 to 1920's. They are not cheap for originals but reprints, I am selling at S$1 each.

I have original glass negatives, one or two 8x10" and the rest 2.5x3.5" in my collection. Not for sale.

I am also a collector of Burma picture postcards dating back to the 1899 to 1920's and have a few glass negatives, some coloured by hand.

Lambert's original prints are very expensive, they can fetch as high as S$2,500 per print. Few years back, I sold one Lambert's print with water stains, and the corner images are faded off by water, still in frame, for about S$500.

Happy hunting.

$2,500 for mint condition of lambert postcards?

yeah, lambert prints are not cheap. But Thompson prints are even more expensive!
Schachtler(?) prints are not expensive, but very early and not so well known... so more affordable.

There are some interesting places on the web you can go to see pix of s'pore between about 1945 and 2000 ... places like yesterday.sg

yeah, lambert prints are not cheap. But Thompson prints are even more expensive!
Schachtler(?) prints are not expensive, but very early and not so well known... so more affordable.

There are some interesting places on the web you can go to see pix of s'pore between about 1945 and 2000 ... places like yesterday.sg

Yes, u can find tons of them here:

http://picas.nhb.gov.sg/picas/public/internetSearch/

Status
Not open for further replies.