Not open for further replies.

andretan

Apr 19, 2002
AMK (near YCK)
www.flickr.com
Does anyone in ClubSnap use these??

72a43df0.jpg

URL: http://www.cokin.fr

I've seen this at Cathay photo and they seem pretty interesting! Interchangable colored filters for special effects. And the price is pretty reasonable too~

Cost: Around $17 for the adapter + $30++ for the filter (prices range from about $30 to $70)

Any comments?

Thanks!
andre

I confess I have been tempted to buy the infamous Y/B polariser, but it was out of stock in Cathay... as for straight colour filters... photoshop.

.... oh yeah, almost forgot, I have an unused 'A' filter and 58mm adaptor + several ND grads lying around....

Originally posted by erwinx
I confess I have been tempted to buy the infamous Y/B polariser, but it was out of stock in Cathay... as for straight colour filters... photoshop.

.... oh yeah, almost forgot, I have an unused 'A' filter and 58mm adaptor + several ND grads lying around....

I think mine only can use 52mm one :p

Anyway, I got another offer via PM... will take a look at it :>

Originally posted by andretan
Does anyone in ClubSnap use these??
I've seen this at Cathay photo and they seem pretty interesting! Interchangable colored filters for special effects. And the price is pretty reasonable too~

Any comments?

Thanks!
andre

I stopped using Cokin's back in about '83, however the system is geared nicely for the amateur, and as long as your not fussy about colour shits with their ND filters and Polarizers it works well.

If you're shooting professionally or are super critical then one has to look at either Lee or SinghRay for slip-in rectangular and square filter systems or use the infamous Kodak Wratten Gels and then watch the cost escalate big time.

Originally posted by Ian

I stopped using Cokin's back in about '83, however the system is geared nicely for the amateur, and as long as your not fussy about colour shits with their ND filters and Polarizers it works well.

If you're shooting professionally or are super critical then one has to look at either Lee or SinghRay for slip-in rectangular and square filter systems or use the infamous Kodak Wratten Gels and then watch the cost escalate big time.

Hi Ian, I appreciate your reply :)

However, I'm only a newbie :) so I don't need those really expensive ones. I just like to try these stuff out slowly.
And since I came across consumer filters like the Cokin ones, they seem pretty impressive for that sort of price :D

You got any samples? :D

Regards,
andre

Cokin ND grad eg: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4634&highlight=cokin

I currently use HiTech grads which cost a little bit more than cokins but are longer so theres more leeway in adjustment.

As for the Cokin polariser, my favourite example is Kenneth Kwan's Golden Gate Bridge: http://www.photosig.com/viewphoto.php?id=24887 My version without polarisers is somewhere around ;)

Finally, always ask whether you can do it in photoshop....

Status
Not open for further replies.