CNY Eve fireworks at River Hongbao?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any1 knows if there will be fireworks in chinatown tonight? and where will it be fired from?
i read that there are real (REAL) * R E A L * (seriously, bona fide REAL) firecrackers in Singapore tonight ... lit at the Garden Bridge of Chinatown. Fire brigade, stand by.

hyun said:
any1 knows if there will be fireworks in chinatown tonight? and where will it be fired from?
i read that there are real (REAL) * R E A L * (seriously, bona fide REAL) firecrackers in Singapore tonight ... lit at the Garden Bridge of Chinatown. Fire brigade, stand by.

err..yeah there will be. during the chinatown light up the firecrackers were already fired.

More info:
:: Lunar New Year Countdown
Date : 21 January 2004
Time : 9.30pm - 12.30am
Venue : New Bridge Road (near Lucky Chinatown) & Kreta Ayer Square
This is the first time a countdown Street Party is planned with MediaCorp Radio - Capital 95.8 FM and YES 93.3 FM. The radio station is lining up a series of on-site activities to usher in the Year of the Monkey. DJs from Capital 95.8 FM and YES 93.3 FM will be playing games and reporting live from Chinatown.

There will also be song and dance segments performed by the MediaCorp artistes at the countdown. The Year of the Monkey will be ushered in, with spectacular pyrotechnics. The main highlight of the countdown will be the firing of real firecrackers at the stroke of midnight when Chinatown welcomes the Lunar New Year. Together with the colourful fireworks display, this marks a wonderful start for the new Lunar Year.

Anyone going down to River Hongbao later? I might be heading there after my Reunion Dinner. :) Shld be ard 10.30 p.m liddat.

So is this outing still on?
I'm interested.

will there be fireworks at esplanade for CNY ? Since there is fireworks at China town am I right to say that there would not be any fireworks at Esplanade?

Minority said:
will there be fireworks at esplanade for CNY ? Since there is fireworks at China town am I right to say that there would not be any fireworks at Esplanade?

Yes there will be. I checked again with STB. This time, the fireworks will last for a longer 6 minutes duration. I'm planning to be there, probably shooting from the Sheares bridge or from Marina Square. I haven't decided yet where to station myself.

http://www.visitsingapore.com/cny/sub_hongbao.htm

y0ngcheng said:
ahhh! i'm rushing to esplanade NOW!!!!

I hope you managed to catch it.

Apologies to Garion. I couldn't climb down from the Sheares bridge fast enough so I stuck it out there.

The view was good although certain shots seemed a little "off".

I'd hope everyone managed to get some very good shots of the fireworks.

Cheers.

Happy Lunar New Year, everyone! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.