ClubSNAPpers in Melbourne..

Update: Blue Train Cafe only accepts reservations for large groups during peak hours, as our group is small and 3pm is a non-peak hour, we can just walk in and be assigned a table. I'll go early and grab us a table. Those who are coming please PM me your contacts and I'll reply with my handphone number.

Where is Blue Train Cafe?

Okay I'm starting a list of attendees, anyone coming please add your name so I can get enough seats:
1) harnamsc
2) Jemapela
3) fallenphoenix (I should be ok if I managed to submit my thesis on fri)
Would like to join but returning to Singapore tomorrow.. hope to join you guys when I return to Melbourne. :cool:

The website is up at last, thank goodness we were still able to meet up on Saturday despite not having each others handphones numbers! :bsmilie:

Glad we had the "lim kopi and beer" session and hope can start the ball rolling on a road trip cum photo outing once the weather improves.

Last edited:
The website is up at last, thank goodness we were still able to meet up on Saturday despite not having each others handphones numbers! :bsmilie:

Glad we had the "lim kopi and beer" session and hope can start the ball rolling on a road trip cum photo outing once the weather improves.

Yeah, thank goodness we somehow managed to meet up.

Hi guys, here is the photo we took:
http://flic.kr/p/9mzueR

Sorry guys, dont know how to do a direct link to flikr.

a>

Last edited:
Btw is there a thread for photos of Melbourne? Maybe we should post it there along with whatever photos we take in Victoria.

if on flickr, there is flickr melbourne..... i am part of the group though i am in newcastle hehehhe.

this is going to sound like a ridiculous question but does anyone know of any hungry ghost festival activities for the 7th month in australia (eg. the concerts)?

this is going to sound like a ridiculous question but does anyone know of any hungry ghost festival activities for the 7th month in australia (eg. the concerts)?

I don't think the ghosts are hungry here. It's a land of plenty. ;)

Concerts? You mean the Ge Tai? Haha....I doubt it! That will be a great idea though!

Hmm, previous post did not appear. Maybe due to the ongoing works on the server?

Anyway this weekend is a super-long holiday! Good Friday, Easter Monday, and substitute public holiday for ANZAC Day! Who's up for a road trip?? Lets hit the Great Ocean Road or the Great Coastal Road! Or maybe hop on the ferry and head to Tasmania?

Hmm, previous post did not appear. Maybe due to the ongoing works on the server?

Anyway this weekend is a super-long holiday! Good Friday, Easter Monday, and substitute public holiday for ANZAC Day! Who's up for a road trip?? Lets hit the Great Ocean Road or the Great Coastal Road! Or maybe hop on the ferry and head to Tasmania?
Tasmania is beautiful, so is Great Ocean Road.. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, I have a crazy idea here and want to discuss it with everyone. The presidential election will be held later this year, by August unless I'm mistaken. In order to vote we have to appear in person at the Singapore Embassy in Canberra.

Here's the plan, we can take a few days off and drive to Canberra on a roadtrip/photography trip. I would suggest getting two cars, one rented and one of our own or we can use my car since its big enough. We drive there stopping for sightseeing along the way, maybe stop overnight someplace near to Canberra. Second day checkout in the morning and drive to the Embassy, cast votes and then those who need to return to Melbourne quickly can return the rented car at the airport and return via budget flight. Suitcases and unnecessary items can be loaded into my car and I'll take them back to Melbourne. Or we can rent two cars, drive them to Canberra and return them at the airport and we all fly back?

There are two routes to Canberra, Northwards via the Hume Freeway and Hume Highway through Craigieburn, Benalla and Albury. Mount Buller and Mount Beauty are possible stopovers for a few hours although we would have to deviate from the highway. Other than Wagga Wagga, I can't see any major towns or places to stop overnight though.

The other route is Eastwards through Warragul, heading towards Golden Beach and Lakes Entrance, then from there we follow the Great Coastal Road towards Sydney. When we reach the Cann river we can either continue along the Great Coastal Road to Batemans Bay and overnight there, OR head straight Northwards and cut through the Bondi State Forest until we reach Canberra?

Budget would be A$400 to A$500 per head maximum for petrol, air flight, overnight accommodation and meals along the way. Is anyone interested?

Hi guys, I have a crazy idea here and want to discuss it with everyone. The presidential election will be held later this year, by August unless I'm mistaken. In order to vote we have to appear in person at the Singapore Embassy in Canberra.

Here's the plan, we can take a few days off and drive to Canberra on a roadtrip/photography trip. I would suggest getting two cars, one rented and one of our own or we can use my car since its big enough. We drive there stopping for sightseeing along the way, maybe stop overnight someplace near to Canberra. Second day checkout in the morning and drive to the Embassy, cast votes and then those who need to return to Melbourne quickly can return the rented car at the airport and return via budget flight. Suitcases and unnecessary items can be loaded into my car and I'll take them back to Melbourne. Or we can rent two cars, drive them to Canberra and return them at the airport and we all fly back?

There are two routes to Canberra, Northwards via the Hume Freeway and Hume Highway through Craigieburn, Benalla and Albury. Mount Buller and Mount Beauty are possible stopovers for a few hours although we would have to deviate from the highway. Other than Wagga Wagga, I can't see any major towns or places to stop overnight though.

The other route is Eastwards through Warragul, heading towards Golden Beach and Lakes Entrance, then from there we follow the Great Coastal Road towards Sydney. When we reach the Cann river we can either continue along the Great Coastal Road to Batemans Bay and overnight there, OR head straight Northwards and cut through the Bondi State Forest until we reach Canberra?

Budget would be A$400 to A$500 per head maximum for petrol, air flight, overnight accommodation and meals along the way. Is anyone interested?

Firstly, this is assuming that the members of this forum are Singaporeans, and that it is mandatory that they cast their vote for the Presidential election, but I would think some of us don't qualify.

Generally, I would think It is ok to take the most direct route since there are probably places to photograph if we do our research. Going northwards via the Hume Freeway and Hume Highway through Craigieburn, Benalla and Albury should be fine. The eastward route through Lakes Entrance, then from to the Great Coastal Road towards Sydney is way too long and tiring. Maybe the straight northwards route through the Bondi State Forest to Canberra is best.

Not really, anyone can join. It doesn't have to be a 'Singaporean-only' roadtrip. Besides we'll only be in Canberra for a few hours to cast our votes. We'll be spending most of our time sightseeing and taking photographs and eating of course. My thinking is to allow Clubsnappers and friends along. There aren't that many active Clubsnappers in Melbourne these days besides.

Anyone who wants to join or is keen on the idea please post or mention your names!