ClubSNAP Photography Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren said:
Does anyone else feels the same way?

We structured this contest along the lines that the themes are fairly simple to shoot on a day-to-day basis, but gave enough interpretive leeway to allow for those who plan their shoot more elaborately.

Given that we are all (more or less) on digital today, the time needed to take images and improve is drastically shortened, thus we felt that two weeks was ample time.

But .. if members feel that two weeks per theme is too short, we can cut out one of the themes but still make the contest a 6-week contest, thus allowing 3 weeks per theme.
Thanks for explanation. I think no need to cut out any theme, but possibly reduce the intervals to one week each. So there will be 3 weeks at least for preparation. It should be enough.

Darren said:
Given that we are all (more or less) on digital today, the time needed to take images and improve is drastically shortened, thus we felt that two weeks was ample time.

But .. if members feel that two weeks per theme is too short, we can cut out one of the themes but still make the contest a 6-week contest, thus allowing 3 weeks per theme.

To encourage participations, and since all the 3 themes are made know, I would suggest having a month to submit photo for the 1st theme and 1 week interval after that to submit photo for the 2nd and 3rd themes. During the 1st month, CSers can also shoot and have ready photos for the next 2 themes. Juz my humble suggestion. :think:

How do you ensure moderators' impartiality when they see names that remind them of unpleasant events? Wouldn't it be better if entries are submitted anynomously first and then the winners asked for original files or negatives later on for verification?

Minoxman said:
How do you ensure moderators' impartiality when they see names that remind them of unpleasant events? Wouldn't it be better if entries are submitted anynomously first and then the winners asked for original files or negatives later on for verification?
Only ClubSNAP Admins will have access to the email account that received the entries. When the images are posted up for viewing, only the image title and description will be revealed.

Cool.
Now about the Markin...;)

Darren said:
Only ClubSNAP Admins will have access to the email account that received the entries. When the images are posted up for viewing, only the image title and description will be revealed.

Since the competition format is set, we should respect the organiser and stick to it.

As for fairness, again we have to trust the moderators. There is no 100% fairness in all aspect. Someone will sure to have complaints in some areas. If its open to the public, make things transparent, it should be fine.

(Unlike some organisation if you noticed, when big money involved, only a particular person will win when the judging is close door.)

Darran, you have my vote.

Darren, I am interested in going out to shoot for the theme, but like some members, I feel the time is too tight for 3 themes. For those who already have photos inside their computer, then easier.

By the way, don't quite understand the 3rd theme: Dreamscapes. Is it "landscape/scenery photo that feel very nice/dreamy/heavenly"?

Darren said:
Does anyone else feels the same way?

We structured this contest along the lines that the themes are fairly simple to shoot on a day-to-day basis, but gave enough interpretive leeway to allow for those who plan their shoot more elaborately.

yes I feel the deadline's too tight. I am working during rush hours and can't bring my camera to work. How to shoot? Guess I have to say bye bye to my chance in this.

We do listen to your feedback thus, by popular demand, the contest deadlines and period has been extended as follows :-

Contest Details
1. Contest will run for 8 weeks starting from 14th June to 8th August 2004, and will be divided into bi-weekly themes.
  • Planning period :: June 14th - June 28th
  • Submissions for Theme 1 :: Rush Hour :: June 28th - July 11th
  • Submissions for Theme 2 :: Movement :: July 12th - July 25th
  • Submissions for Theme 3 :: Dreamscapes :: July 26th - August 8th

Judging will be ongoing at all stages (but obviously we will not be revealing the interim scores) and we will announce the winner at or around August 15th.

Witness said:
so where do we send our works to??? film ??
We are only accepting entries via email so if you are a film user, get the image scanned and send it to us at the following address - contest_at_clubsnap.org (replace _at_ with @ )

hmmmm....ok roger...but if we state tt it is film....will it be taken into consideration..like
"ya this is film...photo's ok....perhaps tis is a scanning prob" lydat ..coz sometimes scanning is not perfect ya.....

Witness said:
hmmmm....ok roger...but if we state tt it is film....will it be taken into consideration..like
"ya this is film...photo's ok....perhaps tis is a scanning prob" lydat ..coz sometimes scanning is not perfect ya.....
I can safely say that if the scanning is not satisfactorily done by the photo-shop then you can ask them to re-scan for you.

If you are doing your own scans, there shouldn't be any reason why the scan cannot be as good as the original slide/negative.

Reminder: Images for the first theme can be submitted next week.

Spyder_Web said:
Darren, what does it mean by the theme "dreamscape"....????
Me very not sure......

Heheh.... that's part of the contest too.

:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.