close-up with my s3is

Status
Not open for further replies.

leyo04

Jan 8, 2007
used my canon s3is + dcr250 + tripod

higad04_s3is_alex.jpg

Did you crop the photo? With the DCR250 the background shouldn't look this messy. Also, watch your exposure as all the whites are blown. A flash would actually help as you'd be able to control the lighting. There are various ways of lighting with an S3IS. You could use a slave and set it up like tchuanye, otherwise, try the poor man's diffuser using a plastic bowl which you can find instructions in Flickr.

Where did you find this Autumn Leaf butt??

Been trying to find them. ;)

Where did you find this Autumn Leaf butt??

Been trying to find them. ;)

alexandra hospital butterfly trail... lots of them there

Did you crop the photo? With the DCR250 the background shouldn't look this messy. Also, watch your exposure as all the whites are blown. A flash would actually help as you'd be able to control the lighting. There are various ways of lighting with an S3IS. You could use a slave and set it up like tchuanye, otherwise, try the poor man's diffuser using a plastic bowl which you can find instructions in Flickr.

Photo is not cropped. The cam is set to AP @ f8.0 I tried the built-in flash but the background is dark. I saw tons of DIY diffusers for the s3is and will make one for myself. thanks for the tips.

Looks like the DCR250 is definitely an affordable way to producing good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.