Close up filter vs lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangcy

Jan 30, 2002
Pasir Ris
Visit site
For taking those super big insect/flower pictures, will adding the macro filter good enuff? The +1,+2,+3 etc... means bigger zoom? What abt macro lens? any such thing?? Is +4 the highest macro filter there is?? will adding macro filter with the UV filter works?

sorry for asking so many qns...

Originally posted by tangcy
For taking those super big insect/flower pictures, will adding the macro filter good enuff? The +1,+2,+3 etc... means bigger zoom? What abt macro lens? any such thing?? Is +4 the highest macro filter there is?? will adding macro filter with the UV filter works?

sorry for asking so many qns...

i stack my closeup filter on my uv filter...and it works fine. :)

Originally posted by isomers007
juz got mine hoya closeup filters (+1,+2,+3) @ $11 each....

Wah... 3 closeup filter =x.. haha... btw, dun stack too much, will lose some quality (if your eyes can see). The more you stack, the more quality is lost(but some cannot be seen by us cos the loss is too little)

Originally posted by Klause

Wah... 3 closeup filter =x.. haha... btw, dun stack too much, will lose some quality (if your eyes can see). The more you stack, the more quality is lost(but some cannot be seen by us cos the loss is too little)

yah...true....but pretty closeup pics from this site @ http://www.kleptography.com.

so if stack +1 with another +1 = +2?? +2 wif +2 = +4?? haha simple arithmetic? or to the power??

so if stack +1 with another +1 = +2?? +2 wif +2 = +4?? haha simple arithmetic? or to the power??

simple arithmetic ;)

gonna get one soon, so which one to get if I want to take those super big insect/flower pictures

I guess we can add filters to a digicam and not lens. Is that correct? How much is AP selling +4 ah?

I guess we can add filters to a digicam and not lens. Is that correct? How much is AP selling +4 ah?

shouldn't be more than $20

if you can add filters, you can add lens.

Got it from AP @ $15 today. But no stock on ND8. Quoted me at $17 for 49mm one, price ok??

Originally posted by mpenza

no, shouldn't be more than $15!!!

I've got a Olympus IS-300. Think is a slr camera. Do they have macro filters for my camera too?
It says 35mm SLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.