Close encounter wif a poisonus WAGLER'S PIT-VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

leect

Aug 21, 2006
:)Was guiding one of the less explore trail in Singapore jungle and had a close shave. In the thick foliage of the jungle canopy and bushes, hides of the most venomus snake :nono:in Singapore. A close encounter with a rarely seen adult full-grown WAGLER'S PIT-VIPER (Tropidolaemus wagleri). If not for my sense of nature surrounding me, I would have been bitten by this poisonous snake. Can see that the snake is staring at me at quite a close range and I took a few shots before I step backward further.

Most macro or nature photographers would have captured the juvenile (young viper) which is greenish body with little reddish strip but not for an adult.

Again, it was a terrible bad luck for me, my battery runned flat without spare but thank god:sweat:, I have always a second spare cam lunged in my backpack (FZ50) to take over the job although dun expect perfect SLR quality but good enough for viewing and snake ID. Hope you enjoy the photo as its not a snake commonly seen for an adult in the wild:D.

Pls see link for the picture :

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~leect/Wildlife12.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.