Christmas Spotting! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philliptan

Jun 29, 2005
Pasir Ris
ourplants.wordpress.com
Not wanting to squeeze with the crowd, I went plane spotting on Christmas Day... but still very squeezy on Changi Beach!! Lotsa families on the beach enjoying themselves!

Hope you enjoy the pics. Thanks for looking.

China Airlines Cargo B747-409F/SCD (B-18709)
smlIMG_0900.jpg

Singapore Airlines B747-412 (9V-SPB)
smlIMG_0872.jpg

Air France B777-328ER (F-GSQG)
smlIMG_0954.jpg

Japan Airlines B767-346ER (JA610J)
smlIMG_0947.jpg

Jetstar Asia A320-232 (9V-JSC)
smlIMG_0910.jpg

nicely exposed. Too bad our skies not blue this time of year. :)

Looks like evening shots? Also, the planes are landing? (i'm looking at the wheelies...)

Cheers!

flaps down. Yep, they are all landing.
Nice series Phillip:thumbsup:
The pic of the SQ B744 still looks much more dramatic than the rest.
Maybe because the sky is bluer?

Thanks speedblade and LK! :)

As LK has pointed out, the near full flaps is indicative of landing. During takeoffs, the flaps are usually down one or two notches only.

Ya, LK, I agree the SQ 744 shot is way better. It was taken when the sun on the horizon was not partially covered by clouds. They were all shot btw 5:30 to 6:30pm...

Hi Philip,

Yup, I agree with LK, the SIA B744 looks great. Maybe because of the framing and the attitude of the plane. Nice series! :thumbsup: I am interested in going plane spotting also, what would you say is the min lens I should get to capture planes from the viewing deck at T1?
A Happy & Prosperous New Year to you. :D

Thanks, a happy new year to you too.

From the T1 viewing mall... you'll need at least a 200mm for aircraft on the runway, but nothing more than 135mm is needed for those on the taxiways and apron.

For Changi Beach, 100mm is enough for aircraft just above the beach. To get the angle the SQ744 is at, you'll need at least a 150mm.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.