Choosing UV filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Hoya multicoat UV should be around low 20, high 10s. 26 mebbe too much. Where you buy from?
you don even noe the size of the filter...

is hoya really that bad? lol i just got my hoya hmc for my lenses now after reading this post feels like i should be regretting lol..

Yupz cleaning for Hoya can really be a pain in the ***. Once u have B+W, cleaning is a breeze.

budget ppl go for the cheaper one >.< MEME hoya hoya! im looking at 58mm btw.

wait... why is cleanin for hoya a b@$#@?? wadz the diff? lol.. my hoya seems ok .. though my tokina is a different matter.. feels like its fallin apart when i wipe it...

wait... why is cleanin for hoya a b@$#@?? wadz the diff? lol.. my hoya seems ok .. though my tokina is a different matter.. feels like its fallin apart when i wipe it...

U try cleaning a B+W then u'll know what i'm talking abt.

There is a layer of oil, coating or whatever that impedes the cleaning process... not so easy to remove smudges or marks...

Ah ok now I get it thanx..

There is a layer of oil, coating or whatever that impedes the cleaning process... not so easy to remove smudges or marks...

WHAO! You guys buy so expensive filters ah? I just bought 2x TOKINA UV Filters from MSCOLOR for $10 each. hahahaha (55mm)

haha.. well my budget is only 20+ for uv filters.. anything more than that.. out of my range.. lol i've only got one tokina and one hoya actually.. one from MS and one from penin Camera workshop =) -i am a budget photographer-

i use only hoya's super hmc..all lenses fitted with that... pretty easy to clean for me though.

half the price of b+w, but good enough performance.. its almost invisible to me

i use only hoya's super hmc..all lenses fitted with that... pretty easy to clean for me though.

half the price of b+w, but good enough performance.. its almost invisible to me
good enough if you don compare. if you compare the B+W MRC is way more "invisible" but the price. :cry:

sorry guys if i'm abit noob, but whats the diff btwn cpl v pl v uv filter?

CPL = Circular Polariser - Is basically a filter with a rotating front element to polarise light in a way as to block certain light from passing through. This reduces reflections and enhances colours in pics.

PL is basically a polariser in general. Polarisers come in 2 types, circular and linear. The linear one is similar to a circular one but in some way will affect auto exposure performance. So circular ones are ideal.

a UV (Ultraviolet) filter simply filters out UV rays from the sun which our eyes cannot detect unlike a camera.

WHAO! You guys buy so expensive filters ah? I just bought 2x TOKINA UV Filters from MSCOLOR for $10 each. hahahaha (55mm)

Well, if you dun mind having a piece of glass in front of your lens to impede the light and therefore causing a lower picture qualtiy.. it's up to you..

so how does a UV filter affect image quality?

so how does a UV filter affect image quality?

Any piece of optics in the pathway of the light towards the sensor/film WILL and can affect image quality. Lower quality filters normally aren't coated well or worse not even coated. This causes a lot of light to be reflected or bounced around. This can cause effects like Ghosting, flaring, etc...

yeap... b+w. None else for me

Status
Not open for further replies.