2. CF media storage
3. shutter priority
4. 3x optical zoom
5. Possibly < S$1000

Thanks for any suggestions!

Casio 2900UX?

canon s30 ?

Thanks guys.

The Canon S30 looks weird to me, and I don't like the idea of moving parts, e.g. Nikon Coolpix 995.

I was looking at the Nikon 885 because I like its form factor and metering, but it does not have aperture/shutter priority. The next possible one I was thinking was the Canon PowerShot G1 or G2, but their prices are too high for me. The G2 is about $1350, which is close to the Nikon 5000's $1500. The Olympus cameras have lots of features, but they take SmartMedia.

Sigh... any other suggestions? Also, isn't it a good idea if we can have a database of the prices in Singapore? I can write one, if you guys can contribute the prices.

Originally posted by lokety
Thanks guys.

The Canon S30 looks weird to me, and I don't like the idea of moving parts, e.g. Nikon Coolpix 995.

I was looking at the Nikon 885 because I like its form factor and metering, but it does not have aperture/shutter priority. The next possible one I was thinking was the Canon PowerShot G1 or G2, but their prices are too high for me. The G2 is about $1350, which is close to the Nikon 5000's $1500. The Olympus cameras have lots of features, but they take SmartMedia.

Sigh... any other suggestions? Also, isn't it a good idea if we can have a database of the prices in Singapore? I can write one, if you guys can contribute the prices.

The closest is the Olympus C-3020z with 3x optical zoom lens, 3MP, with full-auto, shutter priority, aperture priority, S-Prog, full manual and movie modes. Cost abt $850....not really that big...

But this uses SM cards.......

As for the price database......selling prices changes rapidly for electronic products...would be good for a rough guide though. The best is still to do some finger-work and call the sellers up...

Status
Not open for further replies.