Chinese villagers eat dinosaur bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
that you not mm is dd ? want to throw at me ? come lor :lovegrin:
no lah!me wont throw at girl one.
must only throw at humsup loe DCA:bsmilie:

thanks guys for providing some laughs. feeling a bit destressed and with that killiney kopi c flowing through my veins now, can put in a couple of hours of work.

can we get back to the topic of dinosaur fossils (or else this thread sure kena locked one ;) )

1 more day for the weekend :cheers:

BEIJING - Villagers in central China dug up a ton of dinosaur bones and boiled them in soup or ground them into powder for traditional medicine, believing they were from flying dragons and had healing powers. Until last year, the fossils were being sold in Henan province as "dragon bones" at about 4 yuan (50 cents) per kilogram (2.2 pounds), scientist Dong Zhiming told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Dong, a professor with the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said when the villagers found out the bones were from dinosaurs they donated 200 kilograms (440 pounds) to him and his colleagues for research.
"They had believed that the 'dragon bones' were from the dragons flying in the sky," he said.

The calcium-rich bones were sometimes boiled with other ingredients and fed to children as a treatment for dizziness and leg cramps. Other times they were ground up and made into a paste that was applied directly to fractures and other injuries, he said.

The practice had been going on for at least two decades, he said.

Dong was among a team of scientists who recently excavated in Henan's Ruyang County an 60-foot-long plant-eating dinosaur, which lived 85 million to 100 million years ago. Local officials held a news conference Tuesday, showing off the find to the public for the first time.

Another two dinosaur fossils were being excavated in the area, which is rich in fossilized dinosaur eggs, Dong said.

---------------------

Well, and to think that chinese will eat anything that can fly, walk and swim...... now, we know chinese also eat what once flew, walked and swam...

Archeologists round the world must be shaking their heads...

got the original link to the news article? thanx!

Such things have been happening not for 20 years but 2000 over years. The chinese have always regarded dinosaur fossils as dragon bones just as how westerners thought it is that of giants..... Anyway the posts smack of racism against Chinese......

Anyway the posts smack of racism against Chinese......

huh? i tot it was a fairly objective newspiece? well, it's factual and reported factually for a start... if it was a commentary piece and had included very skewed / bias remarks, then i would brand it as racism.. but this? hmm.. fairly straightforward reporting to me

BEIJING - Villagers in central China dug up a ton of dinosaur bones and boiled them in soup or ground them into powder for traditional medicine, believing they were from flying dragons and had healing powers. Until last year, the fossils were being sold in Henan province as "dragon bones" at about 4 yuan (50 cents) per kilogram (2.2 pounds), scientist Dong Zhiming told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Dong, a professor with the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said when the villagers found out the bones were from dinosaurs they donated 200 kilograms (440 pounds) to him and his colleagues for research.
"They had believed that the 'dragon bones' were from the dragons flying in the sky," he said.

The calcium-rich bones were sometimes boiled with other ingredients and fed to children as a treatment for dizziness and leg cramps. Other times they were ground up and made into a paste that was applied directly to fractures and other injuries, he said.

Dong was among a team of scientists who recently excavated in Henan's Ruyang County an 60-foot-long plant-eating dinosaur, which lived 85 million to 100 million years ago. Local officials held a news conference Tuesday, showing off the find to the public for the first time.

Another two dinosaur fossils were being excavated in the area, which is rich in fossilized dinosaur eggs, Dong said.

---------------------

Well, and to think that chinese will eat anything that can fly, walk and swim...... now, we know chinese also eat what once flew, walked and swam...

why so suprised ? tiger penis they also eat... :sweat: not to mention dino bones lah

why so suprised ? tiger penis they also eat... :sweat: not to mention dino bones lah

tiger penis is easy, all you have to do is hunt the tiger.. but dino bones? how deep did they had to dig?

---------------------

There's a saying, "Anything that has its back facing the sky, we can eat."

Bat s h i t for diabetes

really meh? but my grandpa (he used to own medical shop) told me that bat sh!t are for night blindness leh! :think: i go ask him tonight again ;) at same time ask him got wat animal's dungs or bones can be eaten, other than sardines' :confused:

anyway doesnt make any sense to eat dino bones... i keep thinking whether they'll have diarhoea.. i mean we're talking about thousand years of fossils right? bones = calcium, thats all i can think of :dunno:

really meh? but my grandpa (he used to own medical shop) told me that bat sh!t are for night blindness leh! :think: i go ask him tonight again ;) at same time ask him got wat animal's dungs or bones can be eaten, other than sardines' :confused:

anyway doesnt make any sense to eat dino bones... i keep thinking whether they'll have diarhoea.. i mean we're talking about thousand years of fossils right? bones = calcium, thats all i can think of :dunno:

well... consider them lucky, they never eat million years old sh!t...

eh, ask your ah gong if eat chameleon sh!t will cure color blind bo... ;)

Thought bat are blind? Eat their sh1t can cure night blindness? :think:

Such things have been happening not for 20 years but 2000 over years. The chinese have always regarded dinosaur fossils as dragon bones just as how westerners thought it is that of giants..... Anyway the posts smack of racism against Chinese......
How was the piece from AP smacks wtih racism against Chinese? Actually, it did not draw any conclusion nor accusation. All it did was report something that is happenning. Did you even read the article?

Status
Not open for further replies.