Chinese Garden Outing For Newbies and All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im soo excited cant help myself.... just wanted to share a pic a took at chinese garden sometime last january

DSC-0094.jpg

Only thing I can recall bout this place was getting fried there while doing Chinese/Japanese cosplay like themes. Multitute rocks there adds to the BBQ effect, so just bring lotsa sunscreens

morning slots full?
i live opposite chinese garden. ;)

can join you all in the morning if there are vacancies. =D

that's a sweet pic dmon888. will ask your advice when trying scenery shots .

basically bringing lots of water and wearing cool clothing is recommended as the 10am sun really bites .

as for the number cap , its more of a guideline. you're free to join as this is a free and easy outing.

just a suggestion on the "itinerary ". please feedback if there's anything I missed out or you would like to add

a ) meeting will be ard -0730am and we can set off at 8am so as to accommodate people who are travelling from far. this will also leave time for mingling and chit chat.

b ) we set off into the garden and meet back at the mrt ard 12pm or 1pm for those who like to have lunch at jurong point .

c ) its a free and easy outing so introduce yourself and mingle. there is no specific person to ask the questions so ask everyone! (helps the mingling part)

d ) guys/gals who are more familiar with the equipment please try to help the newbies out. we all have to start somewhere.

e) most important - Have Fun!

Last edited:
WOW!!! gonna be quite a big group!! :D

Really looking forward to the outing and meeting/ learning from all of you!! :)

that's a sweet pic dmon888. will ask your advice when trying scenery shots .

basically bringing lots of water and wearing cool clothing is recommended as the 10am sun really bites .

as for the number cap , its more of a guideline. you're free to join as this is a free and easy outing.

just a suggestion on the "itinerary ". please feedback if there's anything I missed out or you would like to add

a ) meeting will be ard -0730am and we can set off at 8am so as to accommodate people who are travelling from far. this will also leave time for mingling and chit chat.

b ) we set off into the garden and meet back at the mrt ard 12pm or 1pm for those who like to have lunch at jurong point .

c ) its a free and easy outing so introduce yourself and mingle. there is no specific person to ask the questions so ask everyone! (helps the mingling part)

d ) guys/gals who are more familiar with the equipment please try to help the newbies out. we all have to start somewhere.

e) most important - Have Fun!

it's a nice itinerary, my friend, especially for those newbies like us!;)

Thanks peter! I just hope not to disappoint anyone!

More to come if this round is successful!

Hey! You're into IR shots now? :D

still joining photoshoots on a weekend but I saw this cheap (compared to Hoya) IR filter in the mass sales section so i'll try IR in this outing.

hoping to use my wide angle too since its almost useless in photoshoots

Count me in too. I live a stone's throw from Chinese Garden MRT. Not a pro but can offer some basic guidance for Canon xxxD users.
Cheers :)

still joining photoshoots on a weekend but I saw this cheap (compared to Hoya) IR filter in the mass sales section so i'll try IR in this outing.

hoping to use my wide angle too since its almost useless in photoshoots
Haha! I bought an IR filter when I had a short craze for IR shots..
BUT have not used it yet as I'm not really into it now..

Anybody is able to help in a group photo? i was thinking of a group shot to commemorate the event. Let me know thanks

Anybody is able to help in a group photo? i was thinking of a group shot to commemorate the event. Let me know thanks

We just need a tripod for that so if anyone can bring one we're all set.

found the thread today~!! i live nearby , count me in !

Hi Guys/Gals,

Objective : To gather all who are interested in making friends and sharing the one thing we may have in common - love for photography

Who might fit the bill: Almost everyone and anyone under the sun. Regardless of camera / model / brand
Newbies and Pros/Semi Pros who are willing to listen to "boring" / "noobish" questions and teach or guide.

Venue: Chinese Garden as mentioned. Lovely scenery, free entry , near MRT , has a convenience store nearby

Gathering Point: Chinese Garden MRT Station

Date : Date is set at 5th September 2009

Time : We could have two sessions for the day depending on the feedback from interested parties.

7.30am till lunch - great for morning misty and fresh air.

4pm till late - For the setting sun and night shots

Dressing: No need to dress to kill but comfortable clothes are recommended. Water is a necessity

Contingency Plan: Dependent on weather , outing may be cancelled.

Proposed Itinerary:

e) most important - Have Fun and snap away!

Tentative List of Participants (Max 20 slots) :

1)Bigrockshow 7.30am
2)wormz777
3)ice15 7.30am
4)Mobulas Pt
5)Dmon888 8am
6)HeartOfAperture
7)stanycjw
8)ETtonyemily 5pm
9)sha_dan 7.30am
10) Kwanhan 7-8am
11)sherriewong 7.30am
12)fluffyby 7.30am 2pax
13)dennisc 7.30am multiple pax
14)AWJunior 7.30am
15)liventune 7.30am
16)peterhuy 7.30am
17)Ahmoon78 7.30am
18)B2W2009 7.30am
19)Samgreen 2-3 pax 7.30am
20)francisgabriel 7.30am

Looks like the list is growing, so anyone who's able to lead a group please let me know. You don't have to be a pro but basic photography knowledge will be great to answer some questions and guide the newbies.

Please pm me your contact and confirm your attendance before 5th Sep Thanks

Dear BigRockShow,

I've just gotten a LX3 last mth, hope to be able to join the 5pm slot and learn from everyone.

Thanks
Kenny Lim

Status
Not open for further replies.