Children on the streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatchaman

Dec 2, 2007
www.facebook.com
I have finally started taking photos with an DSLR. below are some portraits of children on the streets taken guerilla style with canon 50 mm prime 1.8 & EF 75-300 zoom lens 4-5.6 III. Thanks for viewing : )

The Girl Who Doesn't Like to Smile
2141555174_87c312d1b3_o.jpg

She Who Doesn't Smile for Me
2141745190_16d40e950f_o.jpg

The Boy I Lost & Found on X'mas Eve
2130284077_1eddf8db69_o.jpg

The Girl I Lost & Found on X'mas Day
2134896575_c7f83060bf_o.jpg

Portrait of a IndoChinese Girl 01
2124376751_d1b12b734c_o.jpg

The #2 and #3 pics the boyboy and girlgirl look really listless.
Why you didn't give them sweets and make them smile ?? ;p
Next time when you go photoshoot of kids, bring some sweets.
Offer them one, and I'm sure they will pose nicely for you.

hey thankz for the comments!

the objective of doing these portraits on the streets is not to capture them while posing. in the 2nd pic, the girl is still quite clueless i m taking her pic. & i actually like her expression even she is not smiling : ) in the 1st pic, she didnt pose for me too. she appeared to look at the cam but actually i press the shutter the moment she turned.

the boyboy pic, i have time to look into the view finder, i just point & shoot while walking behind them. of course in this shot, i m also lucky, & my sis helped by making faces quietly to keep the boy looking behind. i don't think i have time to offer any sweets. even if i did, it would be a very different photo if this boy start smiling & posing at the cam. & i like his expression : ) i wonder if there are other ppl who find their expressions merely listless.

hope i don't sound too defensive while trying to explain my objectives. anyway i don't think offering sweets to kids in singapore would work on them, or their parents :p

but hey thanks for commenting bro : )

I have finally started taking photos with an DSLR. below are some portraits of children on the streets taken guerilla style with canon 50 mm prime 1.8 & EF 75-300 zoom lens 4-5.6 III. Thanks for viewing : )

[

love :heart: THIS !
look at her e:)y:De !

tungtong2008

The Girl Who Doesn't Like to Smile
2141555174_87c312d1b3_o.jpg

like these two ,nice.

wah uncle tung u dig out this thread which seems to be my only one thread in CS ... i forget abt it myself! thanks for the comment!

thanks kenny! it s been so long since i look at these photos, taken when i first bought my dslr ... nostalgic sia :p

Brother you are too humble...

Your have alot of fantastic portrait works... not to mention excellent imaging techniques :)

Status
Not open for further replies.