Children of yesterday, Angkhang (chiangmai)- image intensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Apr 27, 2002
www.asianhomebiz.com
Spent several days in Angkhang and really enjoyed myself. Weather is fantastic at 10+++ day and only 4 at night.

I was by a place one evening, Ban Luang Village. It's tugged in the mountains and requires some trekking (up hill!) if you are game. I chose a transport for a small fee (20 Sing per day). My driver dropped me by the last house uphill and from there I took a stroll down. Perhaps 1km down hill I think.

Anyway like to share some shots of the children of yester yr. We don't get to see "them" locally. Readily warmed and very adorable. Ultra sociable. How so? They just gathered around me when I got off the mini "buggy".

Taken with 35/2 N 300/2.8

The gang of "5"

54917433.jpg

Baby sitting (girl 9, boy yr old)

54904573.jpg

Yet another baby sitter

54904584.jpg

I was there 2 years back as well ! And I took the same kid on the 2nd last of ur posting !

My experience there was great as well, bathing was a problem though so I did't shower for 2 days till I got back to chang mai LoL.

Nice pics ! I hope to go there again !

Brett said:
bathing was a problem though so I did't shower for 2 days till I got back to chang mai LoL.

Can't imagine that! I bathed twice daily ;) ! I guess all those mountain trekking gave me a good workout, so much so that I was drenched with sweat everytime! Or perhaps I had too much load on my back.

Is fill flash being use here? I always enjoy backlighting shots with the correct amount of fill-in flash. Nice photos u have here.

not a hint of flash here cause none used. only natural evening light. bright lenses are good for such jobs.

glad u enjoy them.

These people are very poor by singapore standard, but very happy. only reminds me of how fortunate we are so treasure what we have.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.