Chicken Cutlet Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to add on,
as what i have suggested in the previous comment, background is important. food is not a product shot. even though it is a "product" practically, food is still something that should make people's mouth water.

What is your theme of this shot? did you ever consider having a country table and some country theme background for this dish? if yes, you should make some effort to get the theme right instead of just white, white and more white. frankly, white background is one of the most boring stuff at situation like this. dun worry about cluttering background theme. the thing you should remember is to set a mood; to bring the viewer into the scene and imagining the melting effect of the food in their mouth, the kind of things people will want anticipate.

Thank you for furnishing the website on food photography. It is very useful. And I many thanks for those who have spend time to comment. ;)

As mentioned earlier, this set of pictures will be used for a banner and the background will be cropped away leaving the food to be placed on the banner with other design elements for decoration, that is why I choose white as the background for easy cropping. I am not a full time photographer, just a hobbyist helping a friend for this free-of-charge assignment. Yea, it is my first time doing it. Yes, I have a lot to learn.

Of course, based on my personal experience, I have thought of adding some deco to enhance the picture (table setting) but you know it is for a different purpose...maybe I didn't make this clear. Background will be cropped away leaving the food only.

Once again, many thanks to yokechye for the comment. Appreciate it.

Thank you for furnishing the website on food photography. It is very useful. And I many thanks for those who have spend time to comment. ;)

As mentioned earlier, this set of pictures will be used for a banner and the background will be cropped away leaving the food to be placed on the banner with other design elements for decoration, that is why I choose white as the background for easy cropping. I am not a full time photographer, just a hobbyist helping a friend for this free-of-charge assignment. Yea, it is my first time doing it. Yes, I have a lot to learn.

Of course, based on my personal experience, I have thought of adding some deco to enhance the picture (table setting) but you know it is for a different purpose...maybe I didn't make this clear. Background will be cropped away leaving the food only.

Once again, many thanks to yokechye for the comment. Appreciate it.

You should've used digital green or digital blue background instead. much much more easier to remove.

on the monitor "brightness" issue, are the pics going to be only web-based, or will they be printed out?

If they are going to be printed out, then the final hardcopy printout will be the best gauge as to whether the rice grains are blown out or not.

If they are for online/web usage, then a large majority of users (or at least those who do not have the luxury of using high-end calibrated screens) will likely see the grains as blown.

Present your output for the (majority of the) intended audience. If you're a newspaper photojournalist, colour accuracy and noise/grain control might be the least of your worries. If you are making a nice glossy coffeetable cookbook, then your primary concern should be getting the colour and details reproduced onto the printed page as accurately as possible.

It will be printed out on a canvas banner. Thanks for sharing the details.

very dead looking. the rice will probably look better on lower right than rear making a space in the back and causing you a lack of space in front. The rotation also does not work here. The sauce is too filled up, should not fill to the brim. give a bit of allowances there for a sense of depth. the egg seem to be uncomfortable there, making me feel uncomfortable looking at it. The meat seem to be overcooked, nice for ppl who like well done, but not those who like it fresh. Last of all, a hot plate need to look hot, your pic is cold.

If you position the rice in the front, the rice will be the primary subject of the focus, this is not what I want. Over here, the 'catch' is the beef patty and the egg...etc....This is to entice the viewer. The rice is secondary.

You like rice so much?

If you position the rice in the front, the rice will be the primary subject of the focus, this is not what I want. Over here, the 'catch' is the beef patty and the egg...etc....This is to entice the viewer. The rice is secondary.

You like rice so much?

Your character seriously flawed.

I am just giving you a suggestion to make it look nicer, forget it...

Status
Not open for further replies.