Chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

centurion_sg

May 6, 2006
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi, am diving into B&W film processing and a bit confused over the re-use of chemicals. Am I right to say working solutions of developers, stop-bath, and fixer can generally all be reused (except single use types)? Should one be more careful about the strength of developer and fixer? I have TMax, Ilfostop, and Ilford Hypam rapid fixer.

And how does one arrange for proper disposal of exhausted fixers because of the silver content?

Unless you are developing a lot of B&Ws and constantly, my advice is don't bother recycling or reusing your chemical. Just use one time and discard it. This is what I do. I'm currently using Ilford Ilfotec DD-X & Hypam Rapid Fixer.

Hi, am diving into B&W film processing and a bit confused over the re-use of chemicals. Am I right to say working solutions of developers, stop-bath, and fixer can generally all be reused (except single use types)? Should one be more careful about the strength of developer and fixer? I have TMax, Ilfostop, and Ilford Hypam rapid fixer.

And how does one arrange for proper disposal of exhausted fixers because of the silver content?

Thanks for the tips. I processed my first roll, a Neopan400, and turned out ok. Can't wait to see the scanned details :)

Status
Not open for further replies.