Chek-Jawa (Pulau Ubin) Photo Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
the walk is about two hours if stop here and there to take pics. the minibus is a regular service but like the ferry, they wont move for less then 5-6 people. forgot how much though.

here is my past experience at chek jawa. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486339

Thanks Reportage. Thats very informative. 2 hours walk isn't too scary. Maybe can go there for a weekend shoot. :)

Thanks Reportage. Thats very informative. 2 hours walk isn't too scary. Maybe can go there for a weekend shoot. :)
I agree...the festive season is getting near and photographers like myself are getting gigs all around the place. 16-17 Jan so far nothing on so just nice..

Sat or Sun can go for Chek Jawa and Sun afternoon can go with the Seletar group.

There are lots of people going to Ubin on weekends. With plenty of boats available it is easy for passengers to fill up. Van rides are negotiable. Sometimes they charge $1 per person one way if you can fill up the van with enough people. I would take a van there but take a slow walk back which takes 2 hours with lots of stops and and rest. I would not advise renting bicycles as falls are common and not while slinging your heavy equipments.

There is no need to wait for low tide unless you intend to join Npark tours but the queue list is long. Chek Jawa is very beautiful especially during late afternoon. The forest stretch up to the shores and you might see beautiful wild chickens coming out during this time. There is also a family of wild pigs who are not shy of human although recently someone spooked them by trying to kill them.

On the way back, make sure you take pictures of the Malay kampongs houses before the bull dozers come. You might get to see some hornbills there around 5pm. If you have the time, go to Marman beach and visit 'Orchid Farm' especially during the golden hour just before sunset.

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn
6) wwjd82 (hope not this sat.)
7) Rockyboy - Khairil

ts, wanna cfm is tis week or next week trip?

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn
7) Rockyboy - Khairil
8) Neech7

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn
7) Rockyboy - Khairil
8) Neech7
9) PPZ

Hi all,
please note that it is a fri.

Date : 29 Jan 2010, Friday, 2:00 pm - 5:40 pm
Venue : Meet 2.00pm at Changi Point Ferry Terminal, for departure to Pulau Ubin. Chek Jawa.
Cost : S$30 per pax

and one bad news.. my boss allow me to take leave as we have a UAT. by the organiser is my friend. i can do the coordination..

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn
7) Rockyboy - Khairil
8) Neech7
9) PPZ

Friday afternoon?? I can't take leave this month cos I'm saving it for March. :cry:

Hi all,
please note that it is a fri.

Date : 29 Jan 2010, Friday, 2:00 pm - 5:40 pm
Venue : Meet 2.00pm at Changi Point Ferry Terminal, for departure to Pulau Ubin. Chek Jawa.
Cost : S$30 per pax

and one bad news.. my boss allow me to take leave as we have a UAT. by the organiser is my friend. i can do the coordination..

Friday 29th? I tot this or next Saturday. :think:

UAT? Easy lah, just tell user you will buy him/her lunch for next 3 days if they just close one eye and sign :bsmilie:

Can't make it on a Friday...Got to give a miss!

I went already today, so won't be going again. Thanks.

for those going, here is a tip.

take note that when the ferry come back to mainland, there is a security checkpoint so be sure not to have anything metallic on your body like coins and be sure to take out anything x-ray sensitive like laptops, camera, phones out and etc... from the camera bag. Dont worry, take your time as the last thing you want is to forget something.

Status
Not open for further replies.