Cheerobics 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
aspire said:
They have alot of officials standing around for security reasons as well as ushering, and they will be watching around for 'flashers'. :bigeyes:

Anyway the event will start 5pm tomorrow at TPY HDB Hub [confirmed with the ppl]. See u guys there, i will be there for pictures!

Let me just re-confirm that.. we're talking about tomorrow, as in today (yep, I check real late!) 10/ March/06, Thur?:eek:

Are these the finals? Does anyone have any idea if this would be the finals or semi-finals? Toa Payoh where exactly? HDB Hub? Where's that? Which floor? Sorry... blur.... :cry:

paper_diamond said:
Let me just re-confirm that.. we're talking about tomorrow, as in today (yep, I check real late!) 10/ March/06, Thur?:eek:

Are these the finals? Does anyone have any idea if this would be the finals or semi-finals? Toa Payoh where exactly? HDB Hub? Where's that? Which floor? Sorry... blur.... :cry:

The final is on 09 March 2006 Thursday.

Hi

What would be a prefered setting to shoot this event since no flash is allowed?

paper_diamond said:

Its just on top of TPY MRT Station. Its big and clear u won't miss it out. There will be noise. :bsmilie: . Its the 9 of March 2006 (Thursday) 1700hr (GMT +8) ... guess u won't missed the time don't u.

Hi

depends on situation.

westwest1 said:
Hi

ISO 400-800, maximum aperture. If you want to shoot action, better set your shutter speed at 1/100 or faster.

No point bringing tripod, camera shake is not a issue here compare to object shake. Save the touble please.

I'm bringing a tripod though, for my friend's 200 F2. :bsmilie:

i'm one of them.. hahaha
the photos are sharp.. very good.
come to the finals and take more pics and put up here...

Poopy said:
i'm one of them.. hahaha
the photos are sharp.. very good.
come to the finals and take more pics and put up here...
Ha actually some of the photos only look 'sharp' at this size.. :sticktong

Why are D2H pictures so grainy at high ISO...

GriGri said:
ISO 400-800, maximum aperture. If you want to shoot action, better set your shutter speed at 1/100 or faster.

No point bringing tripod, camera shake is not a issue here compare to object shake. Save the touble please.

Noted

Thanks

GriGri said:

hi, i will be there at 5.30pm. if u need extra help, can PM me.

vbs1979 said:
hi, i will be there at 5.30pm. if u need extra help, can PM me.
can u handle a D2H + 200 F2.0? hmm my friend is sick so not coming...:confused:

was there just now;)

compro_1975 said:
was there just now;)
Was there too, bought my cams and lenses since it's along the way from my workplace, wanted to practise for fun lar. But too many pple, heh....left after 10 mins of viewing the primary sch.

Just back from cheerobics 2006, Congratulations to NTU Aces as they won the champion in the open category beating magnum force (NP was my previous school thou). Nice meeting so many photographers including vbs1979.
Waiting to see all your photos.

Nice meeting u all! :cool:

btw, what settings u guys used? (too late to ask now? :embrass: )

Bcos I find that my settings cannot freeze the actions!

I am using 1/125, F2.8, ASA 800. Those shots which have the people in mid air all motion blur :cry:

Expected. I was using 85mm F1.8 and my pictures were blur too. The lighting wasn't good as the officials were afraid that bright light might cause distraction to the cheerleaders.

Let me kick off the photos.
I reached there at 4pm and saw this old man giving troubles to the officials. He was dancing away to the music and finally brought away by security guards....
oldman0ip.jpg

aspire said:
Expected. I was using 85mm F1.8 and my pictures were blur too. The lighting wasn't good as the officials were afraid that bright light might cause distraction to the cheerleaders.

Let me kick off the photos.
I reached there at 4pm and saw this old man giving troubles to the officials. He was dancing away to the music and finally brought away by security guards....
oldman0ip.jpg

hHAHAHAHA! this is really hilarious! his expression for the last pic sums all up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.