check your items properly before you buy them off CS Buy&Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrietyanonymous

Sep 29, 2011
this thread is specific to pentax.

i am writing this to warn all pentaxians to be very careful when dealing with sellers on B&S. to be honest, i never bothered to do this until a certain buyer continue to misrepresent his items despite me telling him off in the previous encounter..

i am sorry to mess up the celebration over k3 in pentax clubsnap, but i just warning everyone to be careful when buying old lenses. the best way to check for fungi is to put the rear cap on the lens, and shine a bright light through the front element: all obvious dust and fungi can be seen.

PS: admins, if you feel tht this thread contravenes the terms of service, please feel free to delete this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Raffles88
Seller could have check his items' conditions before rating them.
When remedial action was taken to correct their defects, it would be beneficial for potential buyers to know the history of same items when repost in same B&S thread to avoid misunderstanding.
My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Selling and buying K lens from the old days is like that, it's not the same buying new lens, checking and rechecking and testing on the camera is a must, I learned checking with power torch light is must, as our eye under sunlight cannot see deep in the lens.

I think it is a good to share this bad experience here, I believe everyone learned something and so perhaps both Pentaxian should forgive each other's mistakes and be at peace, look on the bright side, no transaction happened since the defect was discovered before.

Hope all are at peace.

Sorry I have to remove some content and replies 'cause they won't do any good to the forum or anyone. If OT has problem w some specific seller, you can take it off line. Please don't mention names here unless you really think it can help you solve your problems.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.