Check firmware version for C2100??

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sneezybum

How can i check the firmware version for my C2100? Saw in other threads that can go to Oly SG to upgrade firmware. But I want to check first before going down..

Originally posted by sneezybum
How can i check the firmware version for my C2100? Saw in other threads that can go to Oly SG to upgrade firmware. But I want to check first before going down..

U chk wif a EXIF reader program....can d/l from the net.

If nothing wrong wif ur DC no need to upgrade firmware....hot pixels?

Nope. No dead pixel. Hot pixel only visible when exposure longer than 4s. Still okay. But saw from other postings that new firmware got better noise reduction capabilities. Thanks, Jayan. You' ve been a great help to newbie C2100 users. One question. Does your metal part of your neck strap rub against the camera body? Afraid that it will sratch the paint off. Any advice??

Originally posted by sneezybum
Nope. No dead pixel. Hot pixel only visible when exposure longer than 4s. Still okay. But saw from other postings that new firmware got better noise reduction capabilities. Thanks, Jayan. You' ve been a great help to newbie C2100 users. One question. Does your metal part of your neck strap rub against the camera body? Afraid that it will sratch the paint off. Any advice??

4s or above then got hot pixels...that's a good C-2100uz in ur hands there!!! :)

Yup, occasionally it will, but I don't think the metal parts can scratch the DC that easily.

Anyway, u can use masking tape (or any other tapes that can be removed easily w/o making a sticky mess behind) to tape the matal parts if u r worried abt damaging the paint....I didn't bother that much abt this aspect though.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.