Cheapest DSLR for entry level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal choice a 2nd hand Canon 350D, excellent pics had been taken with this cam, v capable (among them check out the likes of evilwaffles or larajade in flickr), but it's also skill.

TS had narrowed down to 3 cameras already.
So the next best thing is to get down the shops and touch touch feel feel the display product yourself. It may be the cheapest, yet you wont like the feel of it, the function buttons etc.

...and by the time you make up ur mind, and had actually bought one, there's another cheaper camera just came out... trallalla...

I wonder Oly E510 dual kit lens still available on Market? I saw ppl selling their 2nd-hand E510 at abt $800+ which only used for less than 6mths + lotsa of freebies. You might consider tat since the kit lens covers 14-42 to 40-150 (total frm 28 to 300mm, 35mm equivalent).

-10MP
-Live view
-body built-in IS (Other brand will add in cost for their VR lens)
-Supersonic wave to remove dust
-3rd party lens like Sigma got support Oly

I have used my friend's Sony A300 before, not bad actually. So I assume A200 also not a bad choice since they use the same technology.

cheapest? sld be olympus e-410

Sony A200 offers best bang for the buck now I'd say.

Thanks for your detailed reply

Actually I am new to DSLR world so I dont have much knowledge about those camera terms you mentioned :) I just need to buy a basic DSLR camera to start using it and getting some experience that how to use DSLR properly by changing shutter/aperture/ISO etc, any my budget is between S$700 to S$800 and i just want to shoot some family functions/outdoor/night shoots/Kids etc.

BTW I have one deal of Sony Alpha-200 at S$780, is it a worth buy or not ?
Can you give me the contact for the Sony A200 at the price stated?

cheapest? someone selling olympus E510 at 680 with a lens.

Hi, just my 2cents here. if you're a beginner but have a passion for photography, i suggest you save up and get a better camera. Though you may not use the functions on the more expensive ones, you will in the later stage. Upgrading cameras can be a pain in the neck for many. Especially if you're a student. If you just wna get a feel of DSLRS, you can always try DSLR-like cameras that brands like fujiflim and even pentax are offering now :) just my 2cents!! :)

Canon really into cheap dSLRs..D1000 is really dirt cheap!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.