Che-ez! H2O - 2.1M Digital Camera with Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gainax

May 2, 2004
Just came back from Akihabara, Tokyo with this underwater digital camera, Che-ez! H2O. Anyone used this u/w camera before?

The specs can be found here http://www.dynamism.com/h2o/index.shtml

This camera is suppose to be able to go up to 100ft/30m and selling for 21000yen. I got lucky today, there was a sale and I got it for only 10340yen, about SG$160. :bigeyes:

Gainax,

Where is the link?? :dunno:

Sorry, I just corrected the url. Anyone tried this camera before? I'll be going to Philippines in June, Hope will be able to capture some good shots with thi ;)

gainax said:
Sorry, I just corrected the url. Anyone tried this camera before? I'll be going to Philippines in June, Hope will be able to capture some good shots with thi ;)

It looks like a very simple point to shoot camera.... a good camera for beginners to flood..... hehe :D

Get to know its limitation before bringing it down. Practise the focus distance on land, especially macro. Since you will be using only the internal flash, the nearer it is, the better the subject will be illuminated. And less back scatters too... however, pictures getting too up, close and personal tends to go off focus... I dunno about the camera since I had never even see it, but try to disable the flash when taking wide angles pictures if you stay shallow and light condition allows.

Good luck and bring us some nice pictures of your coming trip please :)

gainax said:

hmm...for that price, kind of cheap...but bear in mind that it's not even a 2mp camera...

Saw it in Bugis Junction (think is V8 but not the ground floor that one)..not too sure the price. did not ask.

Kind of a Fixed lens camera...macro @ 20cm, normal focusing range is about 80cm and with that kind of distance...u might wanna be careful coz the strobe might not be powerful enuf. It also kind of limit the type of subject u wanna take.

Went to see the link...

seems like theres no info abt the max depth.. etc...

maybe u wanna to find out more b4 u flood yr new baby....?? ;p

It's a 2.1mp camera
Max resolution 1600x1200
Movie mode can take avi videos at 320x240 (With sound & can connect to TV)
built-in flash
12mb internal memory
SD slot (compatible up to 128mb SD)
USB1.1
Use 2XAA battery
4XDigital Zoom
Has Macro/Landscape Mode
Fixed lens

Casing built looks and feel quite sturdy

I saw a review at Asia.cnet that the camera is selling at SG$350++

Last nite did not try the camera coz I did not have AA batterys at my place, I'll post a few pix tonite. Don't think this camera can take very good quality photos thou :think: But for the price I got, I think it's okie :bsmilie:

Based on the japanese manuals and websites, It's suppose to be able to go up to 100ft/30m.

I searched for info yesterday nite, it seems that this product was manufactured by a company called iCool and resold to several resellers who re-lable the camera. One of them is Chez-ez! another company is AQ, which named the camera AQ2100.

Hi there,

I'm a belgian diver, and I bought this camera for my holydays.

I made all the tests that were needed in order to have the waranty effective, and I went to dive for the first time with my new camera and....

My diving was in a maximal depht of 23 meters, but the underwater case was plenty of water from +/- 5 meters ! And I also can confirm that a digital camera doesn't like water too much ! It was destroyed before I was able to take any picture underwater... Poor myself !

So, be carefull, it seems that it's absolutely needed to remove the small handstrap from the camera itself prior to put it inside the underwater case.
That could be the reason of my accident, and this is not noticed in the user guide.

If anyone had experienced the same problem, thanks to answer me.

Good luck,
Fred

Hi Fred,

I think the hand strap got stuck between the o-ring and cover. But that's just my guess since I haven't played with the camera physically.

Yep you are right about DCs distaste for water. In the first place they aren't even made for u/w use. The consumers demand a u/w case for their DCs and the manufacturers happily comply. Besides, it helps to push sales when DCs get flooded nad have to be replaced.

gainax, for $160, we all know what kind of quality to expect ;) , but if it brings u great fun and joy, then it's $160 well spent. Many of us worry so much about flooding and replacement costs that you prob have more fun with your $160 rig than our $1600-16000 systems.

So shoot everything and anything, rem to use the video mode as well and heck, if someone caught your fancy (maybe the DM or operator for great service provided), the camera can be a great present for token of appreciation too!

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.