Charges at Nikon Service Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Thai Bean

Dec 14, 2003
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Hi

Anyone knows what are the standard charges from Nikon Service Centre for cleaning and routine servicing of cameras.

I mean . . . is there a fix rate for different models . . . and the higher the model the more expensice it get?

Anyone has sent their cameras there can contribute some numbers?

I just sent an F5 to do regular servicing and cleaning . . . the charges is $200 . . . :( . That was a rude shock for me . . .

PageUp said:
Nikon SG charges different rates for different models and definitely higher chargers for higher end models! ;) Last time they quoted around $150 to service my F4. Call before you send it in for sure!!

Servicing of equipment is bad. Has send a lens for cleaning and was return with a few small specks of dirt in lens. They mention couldn't be clean after they had remove the big speck of dirts. so strange. and keep emphasing it would not affect the pictures. But the main concern is the price paid for and yet received lousy services. sigh.

If you are NPS (Nikon Professional Services) member, you can get some discount on services and purchases. ;)

The more professional or expensive your body / lens is ... the price to service is as well... heehee... :D

espn said:
The more professional or expensive your body / lens is ... the price to service is as well... heehee... :D
I hope the opposite is also true, say if I send in my Coolpix 2100 for service, it will be <$10 right? :D

Astin said:
I hope the opposite is also true, say if I send in my Coolpix 2100 for service, it will be <$10 right? :D
Sadly, that never seems to be the case :devil: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.