changing focus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

verboten

Sep 12, 2005
dear all,

always wondered why pro photographers will focus at one point only to move the camera to shoot.

when i took my wedding photos, that's what the photographer did.

he will somehow focus else where and at the last moment move the camera towards us before shooting.

is it on a special setting of sorts?
do advise, would like to learn why and how
cheers

dear all,

always wondered why pro photographers will focus at one point only to move the camera to shoot.

when i took my wedding photos, that's what the photographer did.

he will somehow focus else where and at the last moment move the camera towards us before shooting.

is it on a special setting of sorts?
do advise, would like to learn why and how
cheers
depends on individual... some prefer lock focus, some prefer selective area focus.

sometimes it's faster to just focus elsewhere and shift, rather than change focal point...

another thought is he could be metering the background to compensate and fill accordingly...

there are alot of reasons.. and all this is based on preference.. alot of people don't do that either...

I think he's pre-focusing or something like that.
Maybe he's even using only the centre AF point, which I also use..
I grew up with centre point focusing and now even on my 400D, I also use centre point 90% of the time :)

Different styles. Depends on camera also. Some cameras are stronger at matrix metering, some on centre metering, some on spot.

Also, it may be that selective focus is being used, but the photographer is doing an EV lock and shifting the camera around! Looks the same

What is the result of the wedding photographer shoots?

If you like it, ask him/her whether he/she like to share some tips and learn from it :thumbsup: .

Everyone have a style, and I believe pro always know their equipment best and how to deal with disadvantages or advantages of their gears.

Regards,
Arto.

He has parkinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.