CF Card for 7D

nicholasii

Nov 10, 2008
Singapore, Bedok
What would be the most value for money speed for CF cards that won't hinder operations?

a sandisk extreme 60MB/s or even better extreme pro 90MB/s

i use the sandisk ultra 30mb/s, no issues at all, be it fps or 1080p video.

but i have to say, i don't machine gun a lot, prolly 3 to 4 frames and i'll stop.

thanks for reply. It seems that 30MB/S is enough. Did some google too . Any one got issue with 30MB/S CF Cards?

Used the SanDisk Ultra on 7D previously... no issues.....

Felt that when I am using SanDisk Extreme in machine gunning... much faster......

Last edited:
Halfmoon said:
Used the SanDisk Ultra on 7D previously... no issues.....

Felt that when I am using SanDisk Extreme in machine gunning... much faster......

Faster cards are more expensive, always like that, sighzzz

An alternative to Sandisk cards are transcend cards, which are about 15-20 dollars cheaper for same specs. You can get them at memoryworld at Funan.

Reliability wise, i guess they are pretty much the same if you google online.

Faster cards are more expensive, always like that, sighzzz

But in Singapore..... a Ferrari will always be waiting for you at the Red Light........ :blah:

Oppps... it is Cards, not Cars..... :bsmilie:

i use the sandisk ultra 30mb/s, no issues at all, be it fps or 1080p video.

but i have to say, i don't machine gun a lot, prolly 3 to 4 frames and i'll stop.

I have both ultra and extreme CF cards. Ultra cannot handle very high speed shutter so usually for birding, I have to use extreme card in order to get up to 8fps. There is no problem with ultra card for Video recording.

I have both ultra and extreme CF cards. Ultra cannot handle very high speed shutter so usually for birding, I have to use extreme card in order to get up to 8fps. There is no problem with ultra card for Video recording.

I'm actually surprised.

I had used a 16GB Sandisk Ultra on 1D4 before, it can handle 10FPS to the specifications for different recording format as specified in the manual. Used it on 5D3, works the same. But I upgraded the card to the ExtremePro version to allow faster clearing of the buffer.

manual page 247 mentioned for video, use a large-capacity card having an actual reading/writing speed of at least 8 MB/sec.

can get transcend 32gb 400x which is around 60mb/s. works great. cost only 80 sgd

Been using Sandisk Extreme I bought from Amazon. So far working well. I have also tried Kingston 133X and 266X cards, working as well.

i am using Ultra 30Mb/s