Celebrities who use cameras; no pentaxian?

oceanpriest

Apr 24, 2010
Ghim Moh
Come across this somewhere :bsmilie:

Nikon
5. Justin Bieber
4. Jennifer Aniston
3. Lady GaGa
2. Lindsay Lohan
1. Tom Cruise

Canon
5. Elisha Cuthbert
4. Miley Cyrus
3. Seal
2. “King of Siam” (Thailand)
1. President Obama

Leica
5. Louis C.K.
4. Heidi Montag
3. Spencer Pratt
2. Scarlett Johansson
1. Victoria Beckham

Pentax
Can't find the list. But for the meanwhile, this celeb is more than enough ;)

Seems other brands really have powerful advertisements.

Ringo Starr :bsmilie:

old photo though...

3572782318_e550a7556a.jpg

Come across this somewhere :bsmilie:

Nikon
5. Justin Bieber
4. Jennifer Aniston
3. Lady GaGa
2. Lindsay Lohan
1. Tom Cruise

Canon
5. Elisha Cuthbert
4. Miley Cyrus
3. Seal
2. “King of Siam” (Thailand)
1. President Obama

Leica
5. Louis C.K.
4. Heidi Montag
3. Spencer Pratt
2. Scarlett Johansson
1. Victoria Beckham

Pentax
Can't find the list. But for the meanwhile, this celeb is more than enough ;)

Seems other brands really have powerful advertisements.

15 Celebs using those brand names doesn't mean they're good. They are merely endorsing the brand. Pentax has one very good feature which many people overlook. It's the superb optics which Pentax is known for. No prizes for getting this right: who's their glass manufacturer? :cool:

Most of the time these people are "given" the camera to be seen with.

In the 60's two icons merge as one and you get this:-

beatax.jpg

This is far more bigger than what these recent celebs are doing!

OMG :bigeyes: I need to buy a Nikon! Lady GaGa uses Nikon. :bsmilie::sticktong

Justin Bieber? so a lot of young girls gonna buy nikon

honestly, i couldn't care less... esp if having celebs posing with the camera means that the consumer has to pay for the marketing costs of the camera. :thumbsd:

canon got avril lavinge

leica got JJ LIN

to be honest, i couldn't give a rat's ass which celebrity uses my brand. after all, if you've seen JJ LIN's photos, it is more likely to dissuade people from the brand than to encourage people to buy it.

how abt Bryan Adams? He is supposedly an avid and proficient photographer. Not sure what gear he uses though.:D

I don't know this will dissuade or encourage people to buy the gear :bsmilie:

[vid]DkKqihEUmH4[/vid]

Why not have a pentaxian become a celebrity then?

BTW, How come nobody mentioned Jacky Chan for Canon?

Why should I follow them... they never posted any photos on ClubSnap for me.
How to be sure they are not taking crappy photos with whatever brand. ;)

Looks like the beatles for now. The picture shows Ringo Starr and George Harrison.
I wonder if Paul McCartney still uses a Pentax?

2626869860_a15cccd54e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Be proud of yourself. You make the decision based upon your best judgement and your needs; not because some "celebieties" advertised it. Do you want your money to go to "celebrities"? Or do you want your money to go to R&D, good customer service and of course a great product for you to take better pictures?

I never buy anything because a "celebrity" (really?) tells me it is good. He/she obviously isn't competent most of the time.

So, be yourself, make your own decision, be your own person; and go and take great pictures for all of us to enjoy! That will call for celebration!

Looks like the beatles for now. The picture shows Ringo Starr and George Harrison.
I wonder if Paul McCartney still uses a Pentax?

2626869860_a15cccd54e_o.jpg

Ehrm, Pentax is quite big during the Beatles time. Just like any other newbies nowadays, they might have picked Pentax because it is the most available thing at that time.

Just like VanGogh said, I wouldn't buy anything just based on advertisement made by celebrities as most of them are incapable of things like these, and even if they do. I wouldn't make myself like them. I am not going to be Michael Jordan by buying his Nike Air max. :)

No big deal who is holding or using what. Does not mean they are competent users. Furthermore, in todays corrupt society of 'brand ambassadors', very often the celebrities endorsing the product are nothing more than adding more income to their already inflated pay check, so as to further support their drugs, alcohol and super model dating. :bsmilie: