CD Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
anyone here experiencing problems when burning DVDs using Nero?
cos I tried to burn a DVD, in my com can open, works fine.. then when I pass to someone else, he can't open and the disc shows 0KB..

cos I tried to burn a DVD, in my com can open, works fine.. then when I pass to someone else, he can't open and the disc shows 0KB..

try to burn at slower speed like 2x....n do verified the data...

Maybe the session was not closed?

can't remember clearly when i last used Nero, but think there is a security option that only allows the cd to be read by the burner that it is burnt with

ya, did that after the first one can't even open in my com at all.. at 2x can open in my com, but sometimes can't in others..

issit my com got problem?

can't remember clearly when i last used Nero, but think there is a security option that only allows the cd to be read by the burner that it is burnt with

issit, don't recall encountering that anywhere.. I'll go check..

Look at what format of DVD blank disc you are recording on. DVD+R or DVD-R disc for example... Some DVD drives especially older ones are not made to read all formats of DVDs.
If you can read the DVD in your own PC and not at your friend's...it could be format indifference.

Also it depends on what you recorded to it. Some DVD needs the multi session to be close before it can be read on another brand of DVD drives...like videos for example. I recall a friend of mine who made his video to dvd and he did not close the session. He can playback the video on the PC's DVD recorder he used to make the DVD but when he place it inside his DVD player to watch it on his TV, nothing appear. For better compatibility, I tend to record my DVD at 2X speed especially my photos I backup to DVDs. Fast recording sometimes can be troublesome especially if you use unbrand DVDs.

And it can also be that ( rare but it did to me twice) entire batch of DVD and CDR blanks I bought were bad! Only when I reduce the speed down to the bare minimum, the recording were fine but record them at the speed that was indicated on the discs...all hell broken loose.

Well some pointers for you to figure out what could have gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.