CCTV hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

smutpow

Mar 20, 2007
Hi guys,
I need some help with regards to the above.
My office needs to install some sort of camera monitoring system. I know how the stuff works & how to do the installation but am pretty lost as where to buy what. Hope you guys can help me out with this, Thanks

Cameras - with & without night vision
Weather sheild for the cameras
Indoor shield for the cameras
Capture cards with software

have you thought of the power supply to the cam and temper-proofing the power supply as well?

Hi guys,
I need some help with regards to the above.
My office needs to install some sort of camera monitoring system. I know how the stuff works & how to do the installation but am pretty lost as where to buy what. Hope you guys can help me out with this, Thanks

Cameras - with & without night vision
Weather sheild for the cameras
Indoor shield for the cameras
Capture cards with software

you can try SLS. the shop is behind those front shops at level 3. the shop name is called CHOICECYCLE. go take a look. they sell from pin-hole to night vision type and customisation.

you can try SLS. the shop is behind those front shops at level 3. the shop name is called CHOICECYCLE. go take a look. they sell from pin-hole to night vision type and customisation.

Hi Bro....my company is one of the supplier of DVR not camera....if u need it please pm me... i can get staff price for you...hehe

DVR - as in Digital Video Recorder?
Would that be like a Video tape recorder/player for for TV but connects to a camera instead?

if it's going to be a security cam, you'll need a time lapse recorder that takes a frame every second or slower so you can cover 24hrs within a tape.

Would that be like a Video tape recorder/player for for TV but connects to a camera instead?

DVR-Digital Video Recorder

It is HDD based. No more tapes.....that's a few years back technology....hehehe

There a shop call Jia Ying at SLS on the inner rows of shop I think also on the 3rd floor. They are very good at this having done for many gov. building, condos, shopping ctrs ( SLS's CCTV is done by them ). Their stock of equipt is very wide and they can even demo for you the diff cams. They even have systems which will allow you to view the CCTV via broadband. But I'm not sure if they will just sell you the software outright ( with the recovery CD ) as most security systems software are proprietary software. This is what I've learn when my condo was interviewing contractors for our CCTV system. Look for the boss James.
Just for your info. the main cost of a CCTV system is in the DVR and the cost of the cables and laying.

Hope this helps.

It's basically a CPU with only the CCTV programme and it's recorded in the hard disc. Recording speed can be 6 frames, or higher, per sec depanding on system.

There a shop call Jia Ying at SLS on the inner rows of shop I think also on the 3rd floor. They are very good at this having done for many gov. building, condos, shopping ctrs ( SLS's CCTV is done by them ). Their stock of equipt is very wide and they can even demo for you the diff cams. They even have systems which will allow you to view the CCTV via broadband. But I'm not sure if they will just sell you the software outright ( with the recovery CD ) as most security systems software are proprietary software. This is what I've learn when my condo was interviewing contractors for our CCTV system. Look for the boss James.
Just for your info. the main cost of a CCTV system is in the DVR and the cost of the cables and laying.

Hope this helps.

Dun go Jia Ying... Ah beng shop, rude unfriendly and expensive :(

Sim lim tower... hmm... second level. :think: Lakson

www.lakson.com.sg (boss nice guy)

Cameras: Got different category
1)Normal Day cameras : Can only see in day time
2)Day/Night : Able to see up to a particular Lux level (Monochrome)
3) Infra-red: Able to see in pitch black condition (Monochrome)

Weather shield
1) IP rating for camera. Normal is IP65, dust proof IP66 is weather sealed

Capture cards
1) Dun go for PC based video capture cards. Alot of problems.

Brands recommend: Samsung, panasonic, pelco, sony but all very expensive

Dun go Jia Ying... Ah beng shop, rude unfriendly and expensive :( .....

I don't think so lar. Maybe you caught them on a bad day. Agreed that their service can be better when they're busy :bsmilie:

I was on the committee looking to set up a CCTV system and we invited a few company to quote us. Amounst them Jia Ying give us the most info, lowest quote, best type of equipt, as well as being the one best able to answer our quiries. During the trail period ( 2 company were invited to set up 2 cameras for 1 week each for live trail ) Jia Ying did the best in terms of performances and technical know how. In fact, if I'm not wrong, they are also doing part of the CCTV for SMRT.

The staff can sometime be a little cold when they're very busy, but if you ask nicely they're OK. When I first went there to make enquiry, they don't know who I am nor the fact that I'm hunting around for a whole CCTV system. I just approched one of the staff and said that I need some technical info on CCTV cameras and she directed me to the technical guy. I ask a lot of questions and he even demo a few of the cameras for me. I walk away without buying anything and he give me a name card and ask me to call if I have any other quiries.

I was on the committee looking to set up a CCTV system and we invited a few company to quote us. Amounst them Jia Ying give us the most info, lowest quote, best type of equipt, as well as being the one best able to answer our quiries. During the trail period ( 2 company were invited to set up 2 cameras for 1 week each for live trail ) Jia Ying did the best in terms of performances and technical know how. In fact, if I'm not wrong, they are also doing part of the CCTV for SMRT.

Agree that they are pretty good in presentation but... errr.... for govt project cheap can liao... no nid good... Look at g biz.... I wonder those who won the tender wif such low quotes would really profit anot...

Real good ones are those european brands.. not cheap china or taiwan products.

Those demand really high-tech survelliance (e.g changi airport) would go for Nice vision,

pelco, extreme and etc...

Now the trend is go wireless.

There are plenty of Wifi IP camera on the market. Quite fun to play wif somemore. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.