CCD cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonzhu

May 12, 2003
Singapore
thegeekphoto.com
I have a D100 with a VERY dusty CCD. Sent it back to Nikon, made them clean in thoroughly, missed my cam for a week. Took it back, then the next time i shot stopped down... BOOM! same dust, same place. Any kind soul wants to try helping me solve my problem?

I thought there are instructions on the main page on how to clean your own ccd

leonzhu said:
I have a D100 with a VERY dusty CCD. Sent it back to Nikon, made them clean in thoroughly, missed my cam for a week. Took it back, then the next time i shot stopped down... BOOM! same dust, same place. Any kind soul wants to try helping me solve my problem?
1 week! :bigeyes: I did mine on the spot. I took my 50/f1.8 along. Clean once, try. No go, clean again. This repeated 4x untime the guy asked the technician to come out.

so u brought your notebook computer along to check for dust once they "cleaned" it right? think its a good idea for all of us to do so too.

but what if they say "aiya sure got 1 2 specks of dust one lah, no ccd is clean". can we then insist they clean it again?

what was ur encounter with the technician like?

Watcher said:
1 week! :bigeyes: I did mine on the spot. I took my 50/f1.8 along. Clean once, try. No go, clean again. This repeated 4x untime the guy asked the technician to come out.

vince123123 said:
so u brought your notebook computer along to check for dust once they "cleaned" it right? think its a good idea for all of us to do so too.

but what if they say "aiya sure got 1 2 specks of dust one lah, no ccd is clean". can we then insist they clean it again?

what was ur encounter with the technician like?

didn't even need to use the laptop, tho i brought it. it was visible on the LCD preview. He cleaned it twice on the spot, then asked me to leave all my eqpt for him to clean. 1 week later, still the same. It's not 1 or 2 spots, it's ALL OVER. lots of it.

I've tried cleaning it myself, i guess i'm not good enough. :embrass: So asking some expert/guru/whatnot to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.