Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

soons

Mar 22, 2007
5ec48bc8.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Composition. I am also quite worried if the OOF area are too distracting. Hope made the correct position and colour my watermark. Image is cropped to 3:2 to give a better focus on the subject. I hope this picture is a good example of following the rules of 3rds for composition.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To proudly show that this picture is taken by a Compact.:bsmilie:
Jokes aside, I find the facial expression of the cat is good enough to bring out the possible thoughts the cat is thinking: "What the hell this guy is doing...."

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Outdoor, morning sunlight where I find the morning sun brightness is really good for outdoor landscape and candid photography. When I notice the cat, the cat seems to lock-on its eyes on me. I quickly take out my camera as I position myself, use the very useful articulated screen and snap. EXIF information is intact. :)

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I quite love this picture. The cat is really co-operative by looking at my camera lens. :D It can be a nice desktop wallpaper too.

Any C&C is welcomed. Thanks~!

1. be careful of distracting blown out whites in the background, they will still be distracting if they are brighter, but not so jarring.

2. you can try lowering exposure, and then brightening up the cat, it is possible in photoshop

3. going a little closer, placing the cat more to the side would be better.

4. focus on cat seems off.

Status
Not open for further replies.