Casio Exilim EX-Z750

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestan

Aug 16, 2004
Singapore
Hi to all, As there is no CASIO sub-forum, can only post my question here.

I am in the midst of lookinf for an untra-compact digi cam, and came up with a few models for consideration:

1. Nikon S1 or S2,
2. Casio 2750.

Personally, I like the 2750 for its ultra-big LCD screen. Any comments from users here? As in the:

1. Image quality
2. Speed of focus and speed of writing to card?

Cost is of no issue here. The cam need to be small, for use at social functions. There are times when I do not want to carry the D100 around.

Thanks a bunch for your replies...

ur talking about the z750 right ? 7mega pixels

There always a issue on a yellowish tint appearing on the LCD screen of casio camera.(old models)
You can check out their reviews on www.dpreview.com.

But I am not sure if it affects the pic quality when u view in PC / printed out.

As for Issue2, I think is fast enough as a compact camera.

You should be able to try at the PC show next week

Thanks, simon. Looked at the cam, taken and printed a photo from it. Must say that printing from 7 mp is kinda slow...

I just got the Z750 2 weeks ago, it's my first digital camera. I love the screen & the display modes with the histogram, & that it captures aperture & shutter info in the pics as well. It's quite fast & with decent images even at ISO400. I'm not sure if the speed of writing is considered fast since it's my first digital camera. Colour reproduction is natural & I'm pleased with the image quality. Dunno how it compares with the S1 though as I haven't tried that camera before!

sane said:
I just got the Z750 2 weeks ago, it's my first digital camera. I love the screen & the display modes with the histogram, & that it captures aperture & shutter info in the pics as well. It's quite fast & with decent images even at ISO400. I'm not sure if the speed of writing is considered fast since it's my first digital camera. Colour reproduction is natural & I'm pleased with the image quality. Dunno how it compares with the S1 though as I haven't tried that camera before!

I am impressed byu the colour reproduction of this little small cam as well. Its OK for a compact, nothing compared to the pros cams but I must say pics are very decent. Much bitter than other compacts.

May get one soon...

jamestan said:
Hi to all, As there is no CASIO sub-forum, can only post my question here.

I am in the midst of lookinf for an untra-compact digi cam, and came up with a few models for consideration:

1. Nikon S1 or S2,
2. Casio 2750.

Personally, I like the 2750 for its ultra-big LCD screen. Any comments from users here? As in the:

1. Image quality
2. Speed of focus and speed of writing to card?

Cost is of no issue here. The cam need to be small, for use at social functions. There are times when I do not want to carry the D100 around.

Thanks a bunch for your replies...

Hi James,

Remember me?? haha...your disciple...;) You taught me how to take photos for which I am forever grateful...heh...I have used the Casio Z750 recently and I found it to be fantastic!!

Battery
The battery life is surprisingly very very good...my friend brought it to Malaysia for 3 days, taking about 200+ shots and did not have to charge it once!! It came back with the battery showing 75%-50%...

Shutter
The shutter lag time is almost zero...very impressed with the fast shutter response.

Writing Speed
I did not encounter a lag here...used 2048 x 1536 resolution (average of 1MB+ per pic) with a 1 GB SD card. Can't remember the brand of the card though.

More info can be found here:
http://world.casio.com/exilim/en/ex_z750/spec.html

I've used this camera to take a couple of photos...you may view them here:
http://drumz.multiply.com/photos/album/39

Verdict
Between the 2, I would go for the Z750 because of better battery life and better value. In terms of size, the S1 is comparable with the Z750.

Hope this helps!!

Warmest Regards,
Marcus Lee

Do update the camera firmware ..

my dad owns the 750. Very very superb response. LCD had no yellow tint. I was very impressed with it myself.

The battery life if just outstanding. He just brings a spare batt with no charger for his business trips for about a week. and came back with the spare batt unused and the main batt showing 2/3.

It is defintely a good buy.

Else you can consider the fuji F10.

Roughly how much is this camera? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Canon Powershot S45. Good camera, but slow and picture quality is so-so.

RRP is 799$
comes with 256mb card

casio also coming up with 4 new models this coming comex..
Do check it at the booth ..

I bought the cam from John 3:16 in June for $750, it came with the usual free 256MB SD card. Love the camera, love the manual controls (though AP is limited), love the movie mode as well. No regrets!

Status
Not open for further replies.