Cash Expended

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Hi Everyone & Greetings to Seniors,

I am not rich, neither am I poor. So, just average with some tendency to save a big wad - and splurge.

My recent investment in photography equipment since April came to around S$4,000.00. I wouldn't kill myself, but I think my wife or mom might... if they know the actual figures... heheheheeee

Me a crazy guy - I have tendency to pick up a roll of color negs each day when I return from work. So you can imagine the aount of films in their boxes jammed inside my mini fridge.. ( ! ) no food - just films.

heheheheheeee....
quick, someone call the Woodbridge officers.....

Regards,
CJ

Originally posted by spilot
Hi Everyone & Greetings to Seniors,

I am not rich, neither am I poor. So, just average with some tendency to save a big wad - and splurge.

My recent investment in photography equipment since April came to around S$4,000.00. I wouldn't kill myself, but I think my wife or mom might... if they know the actual figures... heheheheeee

Me a crazy guy - I have tendency to pick up a roll of color negs each day when I return from work. So you can imagine the aount of films in their boxes jammed inside my mini fridge.. ( ! ) no food - just films.

heheheheheeee....
quick, someone call the Woodbridge officers.....

Regards,
CJ

Colour negs? Not slides? ;) :devil:

You are not alone, $4K is not that much. If you look at this poll I posted earlier, there are some which went above $15K liao. :)

Regards
CK

Hi CK,

Yah - 15K can easily be reached over some time of continous upgrading and expansion of equipment. It's erally very inevitable in photography. But hell, the satisfaction of a good shooting trip and the images to keep and compile - sure beats all that money spent. Those who aren't into photography, are apt to label us spendrifts and plum wreckless with cash.

But what can I/we say ??? We been bitten but that Bug ....

I currently shoot color negs, I used to shoot slides. While I feel slides are good because of the necessity to expose under by half, I could handhold quite a lot oh highh f-number shots. While, the negs allows me to collect the results the same day, and its over ex tolerance is good for a wide range of experimental EV compensation try outs in difficult situations. Further, of al the stuffI invested in - I am still wodnering why haven't I already bought a slide projector ?? Will KIV this one next trip down town...heheeeee

Regards,

CJ

One month (since April) and you have spent S$4k, for me that's VERY VERY MUCH! What have you bought? The mini fridge too?:eek:

Hi CK,

Yah - 15K can easily be reached over some time of continous upgrading and expansion of equipment. It's erally very inevitable in photography. But hell, the satisfaction of a good shooting trip and the images to keep and compile - sure beats all that money spent. Those who aren't into photography, are apt to label us spendrifts and plum wreckless with cash.

But what can I/we say ??? We been bitten but that Bug ....

I currently shoot color negs, I used to shoot slides. While I feel slides are good because of the necessity to expose under by half, I could handhold quite a lot oh highh f-number shots. While, the negs allows me to collect the results the same day, and its over ex tolerance is good for a wide range of experimental EV compensation try outs in difficult situations. Further, of al the stuffI invested in - I am still wodnering why haven't I already bought a slide projector ?? Will KIV this one next trip down town...heheeeee

Regards,

CJ

A Braun Novamat 515AF slide projector is only $210 or so. :) You can get slides back on the same day if you process at RGB (though I have not tried). if you want to play with EV compensation etc, then you should shoot slides. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Kho King
One month (since April) and you have spent S$4k, for me that's VERY VERY MUCH! What have you bought? The mini fridge too?:eek:

Very easy. Buy 1 Nikon F100 and 1 AFS 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF. Bang! More than $4k already. :)

Regards
CK

guess have to balance between hobby and necessities. as long as you just spend "excess" money and have sufficient to fall back on in times of rainy days, I guess it's fine.

.... quite frankly,

I'm not a very good friend of Yusof Ishak - he keeps leaving me.

Jokes aside : however, if I stop and think about just how much has gone into my interest, I can shudder.

I am seriously considering puting a cap on it for a few months - maybe about two - and then go see what's new again.

Or, just roll my surplusses bak int my business - simple.

Then when something cools comes along - no risk of all my Yusof Ishak leaving me agan.

Regards,

CJ

Yah - 15K can easily be reached over some time of continous upgrading and expansion of equipment.

Some lenses cost 15K (each) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.