Care to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

Jun 22, 2003
Here
Visit site
Hi CSers,
I recently noticed that when shooting high-key images on white backdrop with my AF 50mm f/1.4D lens plus D200 in a studio. I can see a shape like an aperture ring spot that appear quite prominently right at the centre of the image.
It looks a little bluish in color (in my case). But, as I stop down the aperture let's say from f/8 to f/11. The spot gets more prominent but smaller plus the edges of the spot are sharper due to the stop down DOV effect.
So, are there any way to solve this problem? I also suspect that the CCD is the cause for this problem too. Are there any good samaritans out there care to explain what causes such phenomenal? Many thks.:)

Have you tried swopping to another lens (at the same setting) to see if the problem persist? No harm having it checked out at NSC.

Have you tried swopping to another lens (at the same setting) to see if the problem persist? No harm having it checked out at NSC.

I'll do that again next week. Thks for the advise dude.:)

I'll do that again next week. Thks for the advise dude.:)

No problem sir. Just a thought I have.

If its CCD, NSC would replace for free. I once had a nikon outa warranty set, brought in for repair. They changed the CCD for me foc since they could cliam it under recall batch. I was overjoyed then, but sad I did not have an excuse to upgrade. LOL

I have friend got my same problem too. Even it's not a Nikon DSLR. Hmmm....:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.