Car repair cost estimate

hermes129

Mar 15, 2008
Singapore
Dear forum drivers,

I have a dent on the bonnet that needed some knocking/blowing by heat, and repainting of the entire bonnet.

Its a 2006 Toyota Corrolla Altis.

I have workshop who quoted me SGD 200 plus.

I like to ask if its reasonable. If not, whats the reasonable range?

If there are any reccomendations for good workshops, I thank you in advance.

I live in the West.

Thanks,

Can check with Lye Design on 4th floor AMK Autopoint. May not have the best price but certainly #1 quallity....

Thought you wanted to ask cost of repairing that yellow Ferrari that caught fire in town last week. Hehehehehe.

With no other damages, like broken parts to replace, $200 is about it. Most of this cost is for the spraying of paint.

I agree on Lye Design. Consider PDR (Paintless Dent Removal). If your dent can be removed via PDR, then its definitely less than $100 for the job.

Need to be careful when it comes to paint jobs. If they paint a small patch, it can sometimes be seen in the reflection.

$200 for the entire bonnet is cheap. just need to make sure that the place you are going to has the correct paint code.

Need to be careful when it comes to paint jobs. If they paint a small patch, it can sometimes be seen in the reflection.

normally, they will just paint the entire bonnet unless their skills are so good that there are no tell-tale signs of some patch work being done.

$200+ includes GST?

sounds reasonable. dont think you can get it any cheaper. on low side prob about $200 so you cant save much.

suggest you get a quote from comfort delgro workshop if you really wanna compare.

Can check with Lye Design on 4th floor AMK Autopoint. May not have the best price but certainly #1 quallity....

This is a highly raved one at SubaruClubsg.. ;)

as other members said $200 is a reasonable price for auto repair estimates. But the repair is not going to last, for 2 years and it has to be done over again after that.

Last edited: