Car carpet has smell - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoelevy

Jan 9, 2008
Its been raining a lot recently and my dad's car has developed a mould smell. ok gross i know:rolleyes: The car's pretty well taken care of, we don't eat on the car and wash it weekly + vacuum.

I'm suspecting its the carpet because the smell's pretty strong near the carpet area and the other usual suspect, the aircon, is fine.

I've taken out all the foot mats and wash them but what to do about the carpet left in the car? (which has smell also) Could anyone with similar experience share on how to clean and rid the carpet of that horrible smell. I read that if its mildew is bad for health :thumbsd: Do those off-the-shelf carpet cleaners do the job? (armorall etc)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Water and baking soda.

pandan leaves?

or drive straight to kiosk for a thorough clean up. carpet shampoo and vaccum.

bleach, if it fails, replace. LOL. :D
dont take this seriously cos I dont have a car. I hire a bus, share with many people.

Re: Car carpet has smell - help
pandan leaves?

or drive straight to kiosk for a thorough clean up. carpet shampoo and vaccum.

the shell kiosk i visit doesn't provide this service
could u recommend me a place to visit?

tiong baru basement carpark got one cleaning service. ask them what's the smell, and can they remove it. check the prices before u go ahead.

tiong baru basement carpark got one cleaning service. ask them what's the smell, and can they remove it. check the prices before u go ahead.

Thanks @dreaming
do you mean tiong bahru plaza basement?

Status
Not open for further replies.