Can't decide between these two notebooks, please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if base on the two model, get dell, I've been using dell and have seen their service.....1 call and they will come and service your lappy the next day.....seen my friend call dell to change his harddisk......heavy user who on his lappy almost everyday, his lappy is alway on even if he is on the move.

Buying hardware is like playing a game of luck.
To me, there's absolutely no difference between the two.

well, the price is different.

I find it odd, alot of people tell me get any brand other than Dell, cos Dell socks. Then when I ask why so, they say poor support, poor quality hardware used, etc.

Then I ask, "have you used Dell before?" and most say no......

I'm like: "??????"

they said.. Dell from Hell... and they had never used Dell before.

Get Dell with 3 years COMPLETE cover.
They are prompt with their service for the last 2 times I broke a small component by accident, on site service too.
Had bought 2 laptops from Dell, you don't have to find your way to a service centre and queue with the others, save on transport too.

With the above specifications that you mentioned, would recommend you to choose the DELL version.
Coupled that DELL notebook with their extended warranty for less than $100 and you have up to 03 years of support!

I had used most of the major notebook brands in my corporate life, other than the IBM T series, (which costs more than 2k), DELL notebooks offers value for money and in this case, value + performance with low cost.

:cool:

:lovegrin:

ps. very easy to get them to change the whole notebook/motherboard/harddisk for no-extra-charge! :p

Has anyone tried the Canon tough book? A couple of folks have been raving on about it: it has a long battery life (6 hours); using the latest technology to light up the screen that also saves on power; disk protection in case you drop it.....

I have a Dell and it's nothing to boast about except it was cheaper than the rest.

Deciding between these two notebooks. Really can't decide which to get. Please advise.

Lenovo Y400-945460

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5600 (1.83ghz)
2GB DDRAM
120GB HDD
DVD DL
Nvidia GeForce 7300
14.1" WXGA
Windows Vista Home Premium
Cost: $1999

Dell InspironTM 1520

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7100 (1.8GHz)
2GB DDR2 RAM
120GB HDD
DVD DL
Nvidia GeForce 8400M
15.4" WXGA
Windows Vista Home Premium
Cost: $1777

Go for those with AMD TurionX2 processors lah!

AMD now is being asswhipped by intel...I hope they can come out with a powerful quadcore, or they will go down the drain. CORE QUAD EXTREME ALL THE WAY!

I also agree get the Dell better..

based on your reference, Dell got better
CPU
Graphics
LCD size
Lower price
Faster Onsite Service (Next Business Day)

vs Lenovo

Opp of above
Need to send to service center at IBM building near Singapore Expo
Need to wait for them to repair for a few days
crappy notebook keyboard.. (no windows key)

Lenovo notebooks are no longer IBM notebooks. They also lack the sturdyness that many IBM notebooks used to have. Choosing between 2 not so good notebooks.. Dell will still be
the better choice. Typical batt lifespan is 2 yrs, typical notebook lifespan nowadays is 2-3 years.

Otherwise, consider other brands like Acer (reasonable price and pretty durable)

Status
Not open for further replies.