Canon Warranty Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lim1974

Jun 23, 2007
Hi,

I have brought a lens from the BNS section. realize I was only given a int warranty card but no receipt. The seller told me that Canon Service Center do not required receipt and I believed him.

Later, I call up Canon Service Center twice with different CS officers. They give me the same reply is that the Int Warranty must come with receipt from the origin country.

So now I have pay for a lens without any warranty. Or is there anything I can do? or is Canon Service Center really that strict with receipt? :sweat:

Thanks

Hi,

I have brought a lens from the BNS section. realize I was only given a int warranty card but no receipt. The seller told me that Canon Service Center do not required receipt and I believed him.

Later, I call up Canon Service Center twice with different CS officers. They give me the same reply is that the Int Warranty must come with receipt from the origin country.

So now I have pay for a lens without any warranty. Or is there anything I can do? or is Canon Service Center really that strict with receipt? :sweat:

Thanks

Yes, they need your reciept in order for a valid warranty.

Hi,

Thanks

else how they know whether ur set is a grey / stolen set or not? say if ur lens was bought for 4 yrs, and u try to claim warranty? :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.