Canon Users Photo Sharing aka CUPS #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venue : Henderson Community Club
Address : 500 Bukit Merah View (159682) (Diagonally across Tiong Bahru Plaza, about 1 bus stop distant.)
http://sg.shownearby.com/places/23gu...ty_club_cc/map
Room : #02-10
Date : 25th Oct 08
Time : 4pm - 6pm

Basically, you dont have to bring any camera gear, just photos saved in your memory cards, thumb drives or disc. Bring it and share with everyone there, newbies or oldbies.

Dont worry about being bomb left and right about your photo/s, it is just a sharing session, not critique / marking of examinations work for a degree in photography.

To facilitate the photo sharing, for a start, we would like to request everyone to prepare 2 photos with some simple info on hand :

1) Very important, why did you take these photos. eg, what is the message you want to convey, what was you mood, which subject prompted you to take this shoot and why, why did you compose it the way you did.

It can be anyone of the above mentioned. But not all photos has the above, eg macros shots of insects.

2) Pls share with us the setting you used, eg, ISO, Mode, Aperture Value, Shutter Speed, did you use flash, possibly what focal length was used. They are all in the exif data, so no problem for you to extract some of them, if not all.

Your effort will be very much appreciated.

From now on, we will include Slides Projector. CUPS is not only about digital cameras, its about sharing of photographs. We hope to get fellow hobbyist who have hidden treasures to share them with us.

Should you have a problem with shooting certain photograph, please share it with us. Though we are not professionals, everybody in the session can chip in their experience.

We will also sharing some experience on basic Canon's flash system after the photographs sharing session.

For those who are unsure how to check the lens and camera combo got front / back focusing issue, we will do a demo there.

1) denniskee
2) peterpan1975
3) wibblo
4) phoakm
5) cheerful88
6) pixie
7) cancan7

For those who are only able to know if they can come to CUPS #2 on the day itself, we welcome you to drop in, but please bring the photographs as stated above.

================================================== ==============================================

1 more day. See eveyone on CUPSII this coming sat. Those who wish to join last min feel free to come. Those who wish to add to the attending list also feel free .....

denniskee 92388366

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I've something to attend to this evening, so I can't make it T_T
Have fun, I'm looking forward to November's CUPS already.

Xingjian

Venue : Henderson Community Club
Address : 500 Bukit Merah View (159682) (Diagonally across Tiong Bahru Plaza, about 1 bus stop distant.)
http://sg.shownearby.com/places/23gu...ty_club_cc/map
Room : #02-10
Date : 25th Oct 08
Time : 4pm - 6pm

Basically, you dont have to bring any camera gear, just photos saved in your memory cards, thumb drives or disc. Bring it and share with everyone there, newbies or oldbies.

Dont worry about being bomb left and right about your photo/s, it is just a sharing session, not critique / marking of examinations work for a degree in photography.

To facilitate the photo sharing, for a start, we would like to request everyone to prepare 2 photos with some simple info on hand :

1) Very important, why did you take these photos. eg, what is the message you want to convey, what was you mood, which subject prompted you to take this shoot and why, why did you compose it the way you did.

It can be anyone of the above mentioned. But not all photos has the above, eg macros shots of insects.

2) Pls share with us the setting you used, eg, ISO, Mode, Aperture Value, Shutter Speed, did you use flash, possibly what focal length was used. They are all in the exif data, so no problem for you to extract some of them, if not all.

Your effort will be very much appreciated.

From now on, we will include Slides Projector. CUPS is not only about digital cameras, its about sharing of photographs. We hope to get fellow hobbyist who have hidden treasures to share them with us.

Should you have a problem with shooting certain photograph, please share it with us. Though we are not professionals, everybody in the session can chip in their experience.

We will also sharing some experience on basic Canon's flash system after the photographs sharing session.

For those who are unsure how to check the lens and camera combo got front / back focusing issue, we will do a demo there.

1) denniskee
2) peterpan1975
3) wibblo
4) phoakm
5) cheerful88
6) pixie

For those who are only able to know if they can come to CUPS #2 on the day itself, we welcome you to drop in, but please bring the photographs as stated above.

================================================== ==============================================

1 more day. See eveyone on CUPSII this coming sat. Those who wish to join last min feel free to come. Those who wish to add to the attending list also feel free .....

denniskee 92388366

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No worries, you can join us on the next session.

The committee would like to say a big thanks to everybody who came down to CUPS #2 to share their photographs.

cheerfull88
Chua TL
tupi guy

Special thanks to
Henderson C.C., for providing us such a wonderful room.
Phoakm, for sharing the WIFI System for his MKIII & the full frame 8mm FE lens.
Tupi Guy, for sharing his insides for his Chicken Story II and Bus Stop (cant remember the actual title).

But hor, nobody bring slides lay. so only me showing some boring slides. :embrass: Next time round hope participants can share their precious slides with us, since I have no more slides to show for the time being as the rest of my slides all spoil liao because forget to store them in dry box:(

We received some valuable feedback from the Phoakm :
1) Location and facilities :thumbsup:

2) The idea of CUPS is :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3) This time round, we started at 4pm, ended at around 6pm. So I think the timing is good. So we will fix it as such.

For now, I will close this thread.

Please keep an look out for Canon Users Photo Sharing aka CUPS #3. I will post the information up as soon as the committee has a date fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.