Canon Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

Sep 4, 2004
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
Canon`s latest items will in the shelves on 28th Sept.

Just checked with the store I frequent over here in Japan.

1D Mk2N - 7k
5D - 5.5k
EF70-300 - 1.2k
24-105L - 1.9k
430EX - 500

Anyone interested in the above items are welcomed to PM me. S&H and GST are not included the prices listed above.

Okay got pms flooding my inbox about where to get these prices.

Some answers to common question being asked.

Q 1. Where is the shop located?
A: In Japan.

Q 2. When will I be back in Singapore?
A: Tentatively March/ April 2006. But I am not bringing anything back because I like to travel light on the plane.

Q 3. Can I pay in installments?
A: No. I am not rich enough to risk having people default payment on me.

Q 4. How can I trust you with the money?
A: In that case, I rather you come pick it up yourself in Japan.

Q5. When and how do I pay you the money to get the items?
A: Once I confirmed available stock, I will PM you about it. Once transfer of funds is confirmed I will proceed to purchase and send the items out.

S&H is dependent on the weight so I will give an estimate according to the number of items in the shipment.

Items will be packaged properly and be shipped via EMS. Maximum delivery time is 1 week. Commonly arrives in 3~4 days.

Thanks.

haha... TMC, questions must be from non-STG members! :bsmilie:

fyi - TMC is now in osaka, part-time working, part-time studying, full-time shooting lovely japanese ladies ... :bsmilie: nah. just kidding. he's attached there for work purposes for a quite time. a number of us have already been requesting him to ship some hard-to-find stuff from japan to us. so far, all the stuff arrived safe and sound. if its over the weekend, expect some delays lah, of course.

uppz for u, my fren! great of u to extend a service to the Canon users even tho u are busy. :)

bought a lens from TMC... fast and reliable... ups :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TMC said:
Canon`s latest items will in the shelves on 28th Sept.

Just checked with the store I frequent over here in Japan.

1D Mk2N - 7k
5D - 5.5k
EF70-300 - 1.2k
24-105L - 1.9k
430EX - 500

Anyone interested in the above items are welcomed to PM me. S&H and GST are not included the prices listed above.
I want to know why we are being ripped off here in Singapore? How is it that prices are cheaper in Japan? Is it Canon Singapore or our friendly dealers? YOO-HOO CANON - WHAT THE BLOODY &^%# IS GOING ON IN SINGAPORE?

r52lanc said:
I want to know why we are being ripped off here in Singapore? How is it that prices are cheaper in Japan? Is it Canon Singapore or our friendly dealers? YOO-HOO CANON - WHAT THE BLOODY &^%# IS GOING ON IN SINGAPORE?
That I wouldnt know. :bsmilie: I would guess it is Canon SG. but that is my guess only.

Hello TMC:

I have looked at cameras b4 in Yodobashi only to find out that they all are packed for the domestic Japanese market. That means instructions, manuals, CDs, etc in Japanese language only. Is this still the case? If so, worth thinking b4 you buy. :eek:

Robert

still the same. but I believe you are able to ask Canon to replace it with the english version if need be. If I swing by the service centre again I will ask around.

TMC said:
still the same. but I believe you are able to ask Canon to replace it with the english version if need be. If I swing by the service centre again I will ask around.

CDs shld have multi-language selection during installation, rite? as for manuals, u can always download them from canon sg. got my cam from japan too. just had to download the English manual. ;)

wonder who will be the 1st to order the 5D from u, TMC? ;p

I wonder too. Got lost on my last count.......a lot of questions but no confirmations. Still the process of securing 1 24-105L for someone.

AFAIK, most shops have their 24-105L booked way in advance, a lot more than the 5D.

TMC said:
I wonder too. Got lost on my last count.......a lot of questions but no confirmations. Still the process of securing 1 24-105L for someone.

AFAIK, most shops have their 24-105L booked way in advance, a lot more than the 5D.

haha... not surprising lah, for the lens, cos it fills the gap bet the 17-40 and 70-200.

give the CSers a couple more weeks. once payday comes ard, sooner or later someone will TT $5k to u for the cam! :bsmilie:

TMC is the man to look for cheap and good deals in japan :thumbsup:

Another upz for TMC, with his generous help I managed to secure a piece of camera equipment from Japan, he even took the trouble to send it to the Sevice Centre for checking and testing before shipping over, item arrived in great condition and very well packaged (and I am pretty fussy abt these details). Great chap and very trustworthy. He's the man to look for great deals! :thumbsup:

Garion said:
Another upz for TMC, with his generous help I managed to secure a piece of camera equipment from Japan, he even took the trouble to send it to the Sevice Centre for checking and testing before shipping over, item arrived in great condition and very well packaged (and I am pretty fussy abt these details). Great chap and very trustworthy. He's the man to look for great deals! :thumbsup:

oh.... so dats where u got ur 1200mm... :think:

up for TMC! ;)

r52lanc said:
Hello TMC:

I have looked at cameras b4 in Yodobashi only to find out that they all are packed for the domestic Japanese market. That means instructions, manuals, CDs, etc in Japanese language only. Is this still the case? If so, worth thinking b4 you buy. :eek:

Robert

Not just Canon or cameras. For almost all electronics.

He is just kidding.

Anyways just an update.

Checked with some of the stores around. Most of the initial batch of 24-105L have been sold to those that ordered in advance, next batch should be coming in soon. Probably next week so they say. 5D bodies are more readily available, as there are less pre orders.

So far I have 1 available body that I can get straight away. Lens wise would have to do an order and see how fast they can bring it in.

hey tmc, change to canon system lah...since minolta items damn hard to find...talk with a senior from minolta user group already...he also express dismal with minolta...hahahah...

Status
Not open for further replies.