canon selphy printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
Does anyone use the Canon selphy printer ??

I have problem when printing the photos,
whenever the ink ribbon cartridge often run out before the papers got use out.

Does anyone knows where to buy the ink cartridge ?

I experience that too, I just get more new boxes of supplies.... lol

I've always end up 2 photo short (2 more peice of paper)..... Not really a big problem. I think the problem is the 1st test kit they give with the printer has less film than the paper given..... and we just contiue to add new film instead of just throwing the 'old' paper away.... :bsmilie:

I read from somewhere (cannot remember where) that whenever you on the printer, some ribbon will be wasted. Therefore, if you on/off often and everytime, you only printed a few photos, the ribbon will run out faster than the paper.

eh... i thought the flim comes in 4 color per set. Y,B,P,W. unless they waste one whole set?????

eh... i thought the flim comes in 4 color per set. Y,B,P,W. unless they waste one whole set?????

Nop, it only comes with 1 ribbon cartidge, and it applies to all the sub-dye printer (if I am not wrong).

ya, the ribbon always run out faster than the papers. though that sucks, it remains the best quality compact photo printer in the market for its price range.
hope epson and hp make them too. give it a run for the money.

ya, the ribbon always run out faster than the papers. though that sucks, it remains the best quality compact photo printer in the market for its price range.
hope epson and hp make them too. give it a run for the money.

You may want to consider Sony Picturestation printer.

I just bought a Selphy ES20. May I know where I can get cheap cartridge? How much?

opps. my bad.

its the standard postcard size (template) that comes with it. The tray to load the photopaper only accepts the postcard that comes with the printer.

actually, the reason why there's always "leftover" paper is due to printing errors. whenever there's an error (paper jam etc), the printer winds the ribbon forward by 1 print. if you try printing with a new set of paper/cartridge and you dont encounter any errors, you should be able to use up all the paper.

opps. my bad.

its the standard postcard size (template) that comes with it. The tray to load the photopaper only accepts the postcard that comes with the printer.

I think it only recognize it own brand paper. canon got more choice on paper... btw as a CP760 user, I am happy with it...

I think it only recognize it own brand paper. canon got more choice on paper... btw as a CP760 user, I am happy with it...

Where do you get your cartridge? So far I know $30 for 100 prints. Any cheaper? ;p

Printed 20 photos today. I found that the result (color and bightness) from my Selphy a bit dull from we see on screen. I need to increase photo 20%~30% brightness on the pc to get the printed version correct.

Printed 20 photos today. I found that the result (color and bightness) from my Selphy a bit dull from we see on screen. I need to increase photo 20%~30% brightness on the pc to get the printed version correct.

Yah happens to me too.

In fact, I did a test on a Pixma and my selphy.
Pic turns out much nicer on Pixma.

I even went back to the shop to show.
Anyway, after much "hoo haa"; I decided just have to increase the brightness when I wanna print the pic lorrr.

By the way, according to one guy; it seems that if you print DIRECT from ur camera to the printer, the picture will turn out better than when u print from ur pc (post processed etc.)

Just my share.... :sweatsm:

is it because of some calibration? need to buy spyder to solve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.