Canon S40 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ewn

I have bought Canon S40 and yesterday I found this problem

Yesterday, I set the camera to 'Night Scene' mode and took a photo. After the LCD display the image, I set into 'Auto' mode and took a photo again but sometimes the camera can't took a photo when I switched it from 'Night Scene' to 'Auto' mode. I have to wait maybe 5 - 10 secs. I press the shutter button and it didn't show nothing (no flash, no beep sound) but the LCD showed the image (I'm not in 'replaying' mode)
Is there something wrong with my camera?

Originally posted by ewn
I have bought Canon S40 and yesterday I found this problem

Yesterday, I set the camera to 'Night Scene' mode and took a photo. After the LCD display the image, I set into 'Auto' mode and took a photo again but sometimes the camera can't took a photo when I switched it from 'Night Scene' to 'Auto' mode. I have to wait maybe 5 - 10 secs. I press the shutter button and it didn't show nothing (no flash, no beep sound) but the LCD showed the image (I'm not in 'replaying' mode)
Is there something wrong with my camera?
There is nothing wrong with your camera. When you switch modes, the camera takes the chance to write from its memory buffer onto the CF card (you will probably see the green led beside your viewfinder blinking). During this write operation, no photos can be taken.

ewn,

i think you shud get your s40 check out. i tried doing what you did and i dont seem to have this problem. i shoot in nite-scene then switched to auto and i can almost shoot immediately. maybe 1 sec delay but definately not 5-10sec!!

KS

liawks: I think my camera process the image slowly because I tried to take a photo with a minimal light
Yesterday when I tried to took a photo (Night Scene mode), it happened again. I pressed the shutter button 4 times before finally the camera took the picture
I've asked my friend and the Canon tech support. They said just exactly like I thought. The camera need time to adjust the light, focut etc...

When I tried to take a photo from Night Scene to Auto but I got enough light. The camera is normal

liawks: Did you ever tried to take a photo but it only have a few light?

Status
Not open for further replies.