Canon Rebates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunbucker

Sep 14, 2005
East Coast
sanzaw.smugmug.com
Does Canon Singapore ever give out rebates for EOS DSLR bodies and lenses such as the 5D, etc? I keep reading about Canon in USA and Europe giving out rebates on various bodies and lenses.

Recently, there has been talk on the net about the possibility of Canon USA giving out rebates on the 5D.

Just wondering if we in Singapore can expect similar rebates from our beloved Canon Singapore?

wait long long

quite true....have been using Canon stuffs for decades and never see something like that....In Asia, u seldom see such rebates because the competition over at the western world are more competitive...hence the rebates sounds more worth for them to switch.

You could also rush down with the hordes to the various IT shows held during the year and save maybe about $5 off your 5D purchase.

AFAIK, Canon Singapore does not depends on camera sales as they have other products to generate income for them. Moreover, competition are not that hot and Sg market share is so small.

Only recently did we see some reduction in prices on some of the lens that aperrently have met some competition from "oversea imports"

They wont even give a bit of discount when I ask to buy either the 500mm or the 600mm.

Seriously considering switching to other brands but the other brands are also the same... Haiz.

Well we only can wait long long for their offer.

AFAIK, Canon Singapore does not depends on camera sales as they have other products to generate income for them. Moreover, competition are not that hot and Sg market share is so small.

At times it makes the serious amateur/hobbyist Canon photographer feel like an unwanted child, being maintained only through obligation, with little or no intent to nurture, grow, or have aspirations on.

The impulsive "lifestyle" consumer, and the "glamourous" pros are the crown jewels, the lovely two Step Sisters of Cinderella (us, haha!) in their eyes. But little do they realize these "pros" were once bickering little children like us too, or that "lifestyle" can change their fancy in a whim. Growing up photographically is sure to be a long hard road, especially in this part of the world. Oh well, let's just suck it up and move on.

I remember got some funny guy in CS who complained when Canon singapore reduced the Lens price.... drop price complain, dun drop price also complain :bsmilie: all kinds of people in this world

most canon Singapore income rely on printing, supply of medical/industry product, copy machine sale/lease..... cam/DV only take about 5-10% of total profit...so rebate of 5D will be far far away story lah...

You could also rush down with the hordes to the various IT shows held during the year and save maybe about $5 off your 5D purchase.

Sorry, during the recent IT show in Suntec, the Canon booth only promotes 400D and 30D. No 5D cameras.

Sorry, during the recent IT show in Suntec, the Canon booth only promotes 400D and 30D. No 5D cameras.

These shows are meant more for consumer products. EOS 5D is a camera for suited for professional photographer and very serious hobbist. And would you buy from a young promoter who is not even in his/her 20s presuming he/she know nothing about photography? I know I would not though I know some people will ask the senior canon staff on the product and buy from the chioest model at the booth ;p

Gunbucker, even with rebates, prices here in Europe are still higher than the prices you get in Singapore in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.