Canon Privilege Purchase Programme

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi people, anyone has tried using this to 'surrender' your old Canon Printer for a newer model? I learnt recently when I did it for my old Canon P+S, I managed to get 20.5% off the retail price of a G12 ... any idea how much discount we could expect?

Okay, today just surrendered my i865 and placed an order for the new Pixma IP4870 ... was told it'll be delivered within 3 working days.

Just got a phonecall and I'll be receiving it tomorrow! :cool:

Fast!!

Did you get a good deal with the trade-in?

Are you serious!!! I've gone down personally to Canon at Vivo, and also have emailed them pertaining to such program! But to date, no one has reverted! And it's been a month! I seriously have no luck these days! :(

Where to trade in ah? I got 3 Canon printer to let go..

They won't give you the details, i.e. the amount of discount via email or even over the phone.

Just take your used printer to Harbour Front Tower 1, Canon Service Centre (4th floor) and mention that you're there for the Privilege Purchase Programme (not trade-in). Tell them the model that you want, they'll offer you a price and once the deal is done, they'll take over your old printer (no need cables, accessories or cartridges) and place the order for you through their dealers.

I was offered S$162.64 (SRP is S$199) for the Pixma IP4870 ...

Last edited:
They won't give you the details, i.e. the amount of discount via email or even over the phone.

Just take your used printer to Harbour Front Tower 1, Canon Service Centre (4th floor) and mention that you're there for the Privilege Purchase Programme (not trade-in). Tell them the model that you want, they'll offer you a price and once the deal is done, they'll take over your old printer (no need cables, accessories or cartridges) and place the order for you through their dealers.

Thanks for the info Adam. Hahaha, I just hope that I wont get turn away when I'm there! lol

:( Just called Canon. They insist that it must be a non-working printer, then it will be entitled to the programme benefits. :(

Well, CSC gave me the same reply but I told them nicely "like that very difficult leh" so in the end, the guy whom I spoke to just told me to bring my printer.

To cut the long story short, when I surrendered my old printer, they didn't even check it and offered me a nice deal for the IP4870 ...

:( Just called Canon. They insist that it must be a non-working printer, then it will be entitled to the programme benefits. :(

Well, CSC gave me the same reply but I told them nicely "like that very difficult leh" so in the end, the guy whom I spoke to just told me to bring my printer.

To cut the long story short, when I surrendered my old printer, they didn't even check it and offered me a nice deal for the IP4870 ...

Too bad they lost my sales. I bought Epson instead. I must say that I am disappointed with their Customer Service though. :(

This is very interesting. Never known Canon to have such a promotion. Once I brought 4 old printers to Epson service centre for disposal - never offer me anything, not even thanks like they are doing me a service. I could have just throw them at the nearest rubbish dump.

I just received my new Canon MX357, delivered to my door step!!! :)

I brought down a more than 10 years fax machine to exchange, and that old fax machine have already given way....the CSC staff was shocked at the condition of my old fax....when my queue number was called, I went over and I just said this sentence,"I want to buy a new printer under PPP" That's all it took. Don't need to ask can or not ;)

The staff went through the pros and cons of the models available before I finally settled for this model. Retail at $299, I got it at $245....date I went to CSC to do PPP is 22 Nov 2010, delivery to my home at 1pm 23 Nov 2010 :bsmilie: I was offered up to a laser printer, retail at $549, PPP price @ $449. I did not took that as there's no colour printing.

I will need to go down to Vivo city to exchange the free gifts though, a Osim hand massager and $50 Takashimaya voucher.

Satisfied customer of Canon, as always :thumbsup:

I just received my new Canon MX357, delivered to my door step!!! :)

I brought down a more than 10 years fax machine to exchange, and that old fax machine have already given way....the CSC staff was shocked at the condition of my old fax....when my queue number was called, I went over and I just said this sentence,"I want to buy a new printer under PPP" That's all it took. Don't need to ask can or not ;)

The staff went through the pros and cons of the models available before I finally settled for this model. Retail at $299, I got it at $245....date I went to CSC to do PPP is 22 Nov 2010, delivery to my home at 1pm 23 Nov 2010 :bsmilie: I was offered up to a laser printer, retail at $549, PPP price @ $449. I did not took that as there's no colour printing.

I will need to go down to Vivo city to exchange the free gifts though, a Osim hand massager and $50 Takashimaya voucher.

Satisfied customer of Canon, as always :thumbsup:

I would seriously think that this is double standard! This is not the way to go. :nono:

Bro,
It doesn't only work on Canon Printers. They have a programe for Canon cameras too.

Surrender any old camera & get a discount on your selected models. Got my 550D + Kit II @S$1,349 only

has anyone tried to trade in an old printer for a scanner?

Bro photoprozero,

they don wan to encourage ppl to misuse this program, so they will say onli spoil or beyond repair products that is also why they don accept any email or phone call, just walk in...

Just bring ur old printer down and say it doesnt work...bla bla bla..most of the time, they wont realli go check...and they will give u the ppp

or u can go unpluck something off that printer...n disclaim its spoilt!

think there is a thread in canon section, toking abt this PPP

Yes, for the Camera side (check Canon Camera Thread) it is 20.5% off RRP.
The person at CSC (Vincent iirc) told me in June this year, Camera 'change' camera, printer 'change' printer. Cannot 'cross change'.

Need to use the correct name - Privilege purchase programme. Go to CSC keppel bay tower, don't go vivocity.