Canon price went up ~20% yesterday.. Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... with this economic downturn.... and price increase of 20%..... Goodluck to Canon in trying to 'Off Load' their product. :bigeyes:

The thing is the new price is for the new stock that they order in.
Current in-stock items they should be selling for the old price, as they bought them for the old price.
hmm

the old stocks are being sold at their current prices while new stocks at new prices...thats what i hear from the reputable stores...

How would we know exactly which pieces are the old stock prices, and which are the new ones? :think:

well i guess this is up to the store's integrity...or we could always check when the lens was manufactured :)

check your lens age with this: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Canon-Lens-Aging.aspx

hope it helps! :)

the old stocks are being sold at their current prices while new stocks at new prices...thats what i hear from the reputable stores...

well i guess this is up to the store's integrity...or we could always check when the lens was manufactured :)

check your lens age with this: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Canon-Lens-Aging.aspx

hope it helps! :)

Some stores will act honarably and honestly, and some will just tell you "No stock. New one coming in two days" or "This one new stock".

Some stores will act honarably and honestly, and some will just tell you "No stock. New one coming in two days" or "This one new stock".

so i guess from now till a few months time, b4 we buy any canon lens, we should check its manufactured date first ;) then can probably haggle/argue abit ;p

there are 2 main ways to improve the bottomline :
1. increase prices
2. relook at operating costs and shake off the fats

canon (s) probably took the easy way out. let's see how long they can tong with the first approach.
i am not going to add to their kitty and will purchase 2nd-hand lenses and only if absolutely necessary for use. :thumbsd:

many singaporeans underestimate the severity of this downturn.

Last edited:
which ms color did you go to? the one at AMK Hub or blk 711? because your e-quote was given by the boss who is managing the store at blk 711...she will honor her e-quote i believe...
but if you went there then I have nth to say liao....:confused:

Yes.. equote was rejected by her... Anyways I was able to buy one in lucky plaza retail store for 1700 SGD including filter for 70-200mm 4F IS. MS color equote was 1599 inc GST in which was never honored at all.

Actually the e-quote was sent to me at 12:45 AM and I go to the store 5pm same day. The sticker in the box was yellowish so it means that it was already there for some time now.

oh...well glad you could find one within/just abit above your budget :) enjoy the lens, its a freaking awesome lens...gonna get one myself soon i hope :D

Actually the e-quote was sent to me at 12:45 AM and I go to the store 5pm same day. The sticker in the box was yellowish so it means that it was already there for some time now.

I think its kinda rare that florence herself will not honor her e-quote...judging from praising posts here by ms color's customers...

ok dear, price hike so bad that even MS doesn't follow through with e-quotes? that's a first. looks like i can't upgrade for a while then, and have to make more value out of my kit lense :(

If everyone boycott the new prices, see how long can they hold it up.

I got my Tokina FishEye last week on discounted price :D

Still eyeing Canon 100mm f2.8 USM, yesterday Lord camera at Lucky plaza quited $750 incld. GST (the same price with TCW). TCW said the price would be up.

Yeah i got my Sigma one too last mth. Cos Jap Yen went up so i presume all will go up.

I got my Tokina FishEye last week on discounted price :D

Still eyeing Canon 100mm f2.8 USM, yesterday Lord camera at Lucky plaza quited $750 incld. GST (the same price with TCW). TCW said the price would be up.

:think:will they still honour it tomorrow?i also thinking of the macro lens....

I have long suspected that this will be Canon marketing strategy.

Selling body at lower price, gain from the lense sale.

This business model is similar to printer business. We can get printer at very very cheap price, but the ink is expensive. I worked in one of the printer manufacturer before and the engineer told me that it is the ink sale that made money not the printer. Another example is motorized tooth brush. The brush refill is expensive.

Now, if more people can afford dslr, automatically lense sale will be up as people needs various lense for their photography needs.

Yes.. equote was rejected by her... Anyways I was able to buy one in lucky plaza retail store for 1700 SGD including filter for 70-200mm 4F IS. MS color equote was 1599 inc GST in which was never honored at all.

Hmm.. I'm surprised that the e-quote was not honoured. Had many good purchasing experiences with them so far, but would be quite disappointed by this incident if it happened to me.

Abt 2weeks ago in Fotofile, MBK bangkok, EF 100 f2.8 macro is quoted around S$688 with international warranty.

:think:will they still honour it tomorrow?i also thinking of the macro lens....

Status
Not open for further replies.