0xsa0.jpg

20x

20xuk0.jpg

40x

40xji5.jpg

80x

80xyq0.jpg

i also just got my SX10 IS.. hello!

have yet to really go put it to use... but will be bring it to Hanoi in 2 weeks time

hi tunge :)

my 1st moon shot

moon20xgh3.jpg

20x

moondo7.jpg

80X Digital Zoom

Last edited:
i also just got my SX10 IS.. hello!

have yet to really go put it to use... but will be bring it to Hanoi in 2 weeks time

Great! remember read the user manual and try use a few times 1st before your trip.

this cam can go 80x?

It is 20 X optical zoom * 4 digital zoom

how did u get 80x? I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago ... and im loving every bit of it. :D I purchased a tcon x2 but haven't tried taking the moon >_>

how did u get 80x? I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago ... and im loving every bit of it. :D I purchased a tcon x2 but haven't tried taking the moon >_>

Read my previous post

hi tunge :)

my 1st moon shot

hey that's funny cos one of the first couple of shots on my SX10 was the moon too! haha

just a quick snap with free hand, so not very clear... can't remember the zoom
IMG_0021.jpg

i'm still holding back on this purchase... what's the price you bought it for?

I got mine from Harvey Norman (yup :D) @ $699 (cash payment)

came with extra freebies like
big tripod, original case, cannon cleaning kit n bag...

i also got a quote from John 3:16 (Funan lvl 5) for $690 but w/o the extra freebies i mentioned....

Great! remember read the user manual and try use a few times 1st before your trip.

yeah... been fooling around with it and dilligently reading the manual and trying to learn as much as possible, really lot of small functions that this camera is capable of which is really nice...

yeah... been fooling around with it and dilligently reading the manual and trying to learn as much as possible, really lot of small functions that this camera is capable of which is really nice...

Have you sign up for the Canon free product training? You will get some useful info (camera info, not photography tips) about the cam.

Have you sign up for the Canon free product training? You will get some useful info (camera info, not photography tips) about the cam.

not yet, but definately going too after my ICT and holiday in Hanoi....
btw did u register ur warranty online? they'll give u extra 3 mths warranty if u do so :thumbsup:

seaofcloud.jpg

hi guys

wanna find out what is the difference between SX1 and SX10 ? what is the price like too.

hi guys

wanna find out what is the difference between SX1 and SX10 ? what is the price like too.

SX1 IS has High Definition video recording.
Price wise at the time I bought the SX10 IS, the official price from Canon was $769 for the SX10, and $899 for the SX1

My recent trip to Australia using the SX10 IS. No Photoshop used.

Sydney Opera House
SydneyOperaHouse01.jpg

Fat Lazy Cat at the T'Galiant Winery, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
FatLazyCatMornington03.jpg

FatLazyCatMornington02.jpg

SX1 IS has High Definition video recording.
Price wise at the time I bought the SX10 IS, the official price from Canon was $769 for the SX10, and $899 for the SX1

thks. why do you choose SX10 to SX1? budget constraint or? my friend is looking to buy the SX1o but i suggest to get the SX1 isntead. understand SX1 give a HD record on it s video features. seldom use but just pay a little more will get the latest technology.

thks. why do you choose SX10 to SX1? budget constraint or? my friend is looking to buy the SX1o but i suggest to get the SX1 isntead. understand SX1 give a HD record on it s video features. seldom use but just pay a little more will get the latest technology.

That was the reason why I didn't buy the SX1 IS. I didn't need a HD video recording, no reason good enough to pay the extra $100+ for it.

The video recordings performance by the SX10 IS with 640x480 resolution is good enough for me IMHO. I get good clarity when replaying the videos on my 40" LCD screen. I can zoom in and out while taking the video.

If your friend really wants to take video recordings, it is recommended he/she should obtain a video camcorder. All-in-one cameras are usually not specialized in video recordings.

It is best he tries out both models to satisfy his curiosity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.