Canon PhotoMarathon 2010

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
hi,i want to ask

1.When will be held in singapore the CANON MARATHON ?
2.Can malaysian take part in the singapore canon marathon?
3.If the age is below 18 how to register ?

thanks

Hmm...... I am also waiting..... still no news yet. It was held in Oct last year. Malaysian can also take part but you may need parental consent if you are under 18. :think:

ok,thanks

how to make the payment??and is it pay at the day

Seems like only online payment choice available...

ok,thanks

3. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately maximum 5MB.

8. Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software.

How to resize the picture which more than 5mb whereby editing software is not allow???:think:

I know you like L but you can try shooting at a smaller resolution.

Please note this thread is for discussion on Canon PhotoMarathon 2010, any new discussion threads related to the same topic will be merge into this thread.

and please keep the discussion relevant, any OT post will be deleted without warning.

thank you.

3. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately maximum 5MB.

8. Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software.

How to resize the picture which more than 5mb whereby editing software is not allow???:think:
dont worry about it. my guess is the 5 megapixel rule is so that would be fair to camera phone or to be exact, iphone users.

if your camera can go below 5 megapixel, fine but if cannot then boh pian but have to use image editor to resize the photo. Thus far, they never said cannot use image editor to resize the photo and since this isnt the first time this is held, i am pretty sure they know what to look for in "edited" pics.

Only thing is what will be their ruling on obviously studio-taken photos and the use of non-natural props?

and hopefully this year, its not the so called dryfit shirt of past years.

Last edited:
i have a question ,that i want to ask.

now i only have one battery (BP511A) is it enough for the whole day and i have only 1 4GB card.Is it enough for the whole day ??

i have a question ,that i want to ask.

now i only have one battery (BP511A) is it enough for the whole day and i have only 1 4GB card.Is it enough for the whole day ??

one battery may not be sufficient, but u can bring along charger to charge while waiting for new theme (if u finish shotting and submit fast fast); or bring a spare bty

4GB shd be enough since photo size is 5MB max, and if u dont shoot raw+jpeg.
still, it is better to have a spare card, i personally ve exp a card become faulty mid of the day.

jmho

ok,so u are going to take part ???

I would have loved to attend except that I'm doing my ICT during that period of time. Looks like I'll be shooting "enemies" instead -_-;;